Trusted computer shop in Nehru Place ?

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
please recommend trusted computer shop in Delhi , decade back Khirbat was my trusted shop I don't know if they still exist today or has the same reputation.

My relatives needed stuffs to buy, not able to find that shop, went to few other shop but majority of them trying to sell "their" configuration and not what wanted.

Thanks in advance.

1) Computer Empire (right in front of a flight of stairs, white shutter has the name painted in red)
&
2) SMC

Always purchased parts and these two gave genuine stuff at good rates.

Last edited:
Not in any particular order:
1. SMC. Sales department of Acro Engg. Most reputed but priciest. Some of their employees have big ego and are often very difficult to talk to. They will treat you well only if you buy stuff worth lacs. Basically poor customer treatment.
2. Computer Empire.
3. Vipin Imports. Has a good negotiation chance on a good day.
I buy mostly from 2 & 3.
2) Cost to Cost

Always purchased parts and these two gave genuine stuff at good rates.
LOL. No. Sold me a "warranty-not-applicable-in-India" product. Sold fake graphics cards. Tried to dupe other customers into buying old models of products. They sometimes sell stuff which are not imported through the authorized channels and so often handle the warranty/services themselves. I could go on and on. Ordinary people are mostly attracted to them only because of their lower rates (which btw do not have the taxes added to their listing yet) and they have a very huge store with products on display for the customers. I usually go there only to know their price quotations and see the monitors for quality check. But if you still want to buy then be very careful and immediately contact the customer care of the product companies to verify the serial numbers of the products which you buy. And if you hate the hassle then simply avoid.
If you read this then you've been warned.

TLDR: Avoid C2C like a plague. There are better and more reputed computer stores out there.
Dang! This is news to me. Thanks for sharing.

C2C is out..
CE and SMC it is then.

No problem. Even I knew about it only when the product started failing and I tried to RMA it. But I'm actually surprised that people dont know about C2C even now. o_O
They made headlines on forums years ago.
Also one small clarification: I'm not claiming that they are/still selling fake stuff. They may intentionally/unintentionally keep things which they dont get ethically in their stock. They have some genuine products also. I myself have bought a few pendrives from them in the past but only because they were not really "premium" products and they offered much cheaper rates. I've now lost all of them xD
Fact is C2C has a very dark history of scamming/duping (call it whatever you want) ignorant/simple customers. Google will show you some of it.

C2C is not the only questionable shop in Nehru Place. There are many such small stores (the ones who have their employees running around with fliers and literally pulling shoppers to their stores) there. These people offer very cheap rates but they keep only old stock models mainly the harddisk and RAM etc which date back eons ago. I even took some photos as proof (I'll need to look for them, i hope they are still there). But customers continue to throng these shops unaware of their past. All i can say now is Cost to Cost is NOT a trusted shop.

Last edited:
I completely disagree with ipwnz

I have bought stuff from c2c crossing 1lakh (including stuff for family and friends) and never ever faced any kind of problem
no issue with rma, any defect etc

I would totally recommend it

And yeah SMC and Computer empire are great too. Especially SMC, great gaming stuff

I completely disagree with ipwnz

I have bought stuff from c2c crossing 1lakh (including stuff for family and friends) and never ever faced any kind of problem
no issue with rma, any defect etc
They have some genuine products also.
But if you still want to buy then be very careful and immediately contact the customer care of the product companies to verify the serial numbers of the products which you buy.
I like it how you ignored those lines. No one is stupid enough to sell everything non-genuine. I didn't think that it warranted a further explanation.

I don't know a single place in Nehru Place that doesn't try to fleece customers (particularly those who are not very tech savy or ignorant of market rates) or try to pass on bad/cheap stuff for high margins. Doesn't matter whether its SMC, Computer Empire or any other shop in there.

Yes, they stock and sell a lot of good stuff too, but to get the best stuff and rates, you have to show them that you know your stuff and not going to stand any crap from them. I went to NP couple of times when I was in Delhi and had too much spare time on my hands. I had good experience with SMC when I dealt with them on TE. When I dropped in there in person pretending to be no so savy, the experience was totally different. That was still considerably better experience than Computer Empire and another big shop (don't remember the name now) which were totally atrocious.

I had good experience with SMC when I dealt with them on TE. When I dropped in there in person pretending to be no so savy, the experience was totally different.

Whom did you talk to? Who were at the sales? Puppy?
Dont be too surprised because even their boss Saini doesn't know much. We should know that they are only "sales" people.

^^ I don't know the names of the people, but just saying that the treatment you get differs based on how you portray yourself in these shops, come off as even a bit uninformed about products or prices and they will fleece you like anything.

In my 18 years of experience building computers and interacting with various dealers in different towns/cities, Amarbir happens to be the guy that I had the best experience with from first to last interaction (When I was in Chandigarh).

In Hyderabad, I still could not find any shop (even in CTC) that I could consistently rely on. Every time you have to go and look in half the shops in CTC to get what you need at a reasonable if not the correct price.

SMC and Computer Empire. They always give you the best prices.

Lord Nemesis is right. These shops are not tech experts, they are sales guys. Do your research beforehand to make sure you know what you need.

Avoid cost to cost ....they cheated me years ago by selling fake 9600gt. From then on i only bought stuff from SMC.

went to Nehru place to buy.. Zotac 960 GTX and 24 " Monitor... had a bad experience.. observed that.. very few shops actually keep stocks of Graphics card/monitors/HDD .. ie ..a bit costly item.. most of the shops would just call a bigger shop to ask for rates/availabilty of products///
Found cost to cost .. having a say on the pricing of products.. most products are avaiable online for less price than nehru place..
It is almost like a market dominated by 1-2 big shops.. dictating the pricing of products..

Correct me if I'm wrong here, they call the supplier of the product in case they don't have a stock of it.
I've observed it many times, specially with corsair and seasonic psu's.

So did you got the 960 or not?, I'm going there next weekend, will buy zotac or asus one.
Computer empire guy said they have the asus one at about ~16, and told me that the zotac one would probably at the same price (he didn't check stock for zotac one)

In my experience stick to good ones.. Only go and buy from other shops if you are getting a better deal, or CE, smc don't have stock of the item.

most of the shops would just call a bigger shop to ask for rates/availabilty of products

Correct me if I'm wrong here, they call the supplier of the product in case they don't have a stock of it.
I've observed it many times, specially with corsair and seasonic psu's

Yes to both.
most products are avaiable online for less price than nehru place.

lol duh! NP is best for those "urgent purchases" and for people who dont trust online delivery.
One thing about the price though, its initially set by the importer/distris. Then again by the retailers/shops at 2-5% profit margin (just a standard estimate). Price factor also largely depends on the INR value. If you check it you'll see that its been on a low. From 62INR months ago to now 64-65. The 2-3rs difference may sound very little here but from a taxation/overview point of view its actually substantial.
It will be difficult to get the GTX960 for <15k.

online you will get the 960 GTX (ZOtac) for less than 15 K....(Paytm).. nd i really feel .. than online is now a better option compared to Nehru Place..

Back