Trying to setup Entertainment center in my room, Please help with this SILLY Question

coreduo

Disciple
Thanks all for your inputs.

The Winner is BIG TV + XBOX

One Question: Do New versions of XBOX also suffer from problems like RROD? and PS3 can be modded right?

Is this a gud idea?

http://cgi.ebay.in/2200-Lumen-LED-L...8?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item2a0ec14334

----------- Original Post --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I am planning to spend 50,000/- bucks to setup an entertainmaent center in my room.

Here is the silly part, my options are:

1. Buy 32" LCD + XBOX 360 ( Do Xbox still have rrod or similar problem? )

2. Get a PC with 24" or 26" monitor

I will mainly use it for music, movies and Gaming. I already have speaker units and lot of storage.

*** 1 point I forgot to mention, I am a die hard PSP fan, I have PSP and will buy Next version on very first day of it's launch.

I know this is a silly comparison but still wanted to give it a shot :)

Re: Trying to setup Entertainment center in my room, Please help with this SILLY Ques

A Samsung 32 C530 and a PS3 would be great if you are considering PS3 in your mind. This is considering Movies and Gaming demands of yours.

Re: Trying to setup Entertainment center in my room, Please help with this SILLY Ques

^+1 for the PS3 120GB and a decent 32 incher. Slap the console with the custom firmware and you're set!

On a side note, I am not sure if the present PS3 stocks ship with the 3.56 firmware. That will be a bad idea otherwise.

Thanks for your inputs avinash and gannu.

1 point I forgot to mention, I am a die hard PSP fan, I have PSP and will buy Next version on very first day of it's launch.

Woot! PSP FTW ! Will get the NGP on first day as well !

Go grab the PS3 and a good 32" screen.. where are you located btw ?

where are you located btw ? = DILLI

Get the 32 + the 360 or PS3 as per your preference.

PC hardware keeps getting upgraded all the time. And in any case, you are not interested in using any PC applications as such.

get a used ps3[12k],xbox360[12k] and a 32 incher [26k] and bro your entertainment center just gained awesomeness.

thanks for ur inputs guys.

32 incher @ 26K? full HD?

He said used

Buy a PS3 or XBOX360 slim combined with WDTV Live. I dont think you need anything other than this for entertainment.

Its more entertaining if you found a GF :p for watching movie

thanks all for your inputs.

I will stick to the PC. here is why:

- I Love click n shoot games

- I Love Age of Empires

- Almost all popular titles are available on PC too ( Gears of war, Devil May Cry, God of War, Battlefield, Call of Duty, BOA, Ghost Reckon )

- No Worrying of Guarantee cause of Modding

- Will Support any Damn Movie format

- End of the, I can use it for other things PC can do like photoshopping, Big screen browsing :D

Just not sure about the screen size for monitor, will test a few in shop.

Errr since when did God of War get ported to the PC? Are you referring to playing the first 2 titles using the PCSX2 emulator?

^^ my mistake, but i can live without that.

lets see if you can leave without this too

Gears Of War 2, God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, MGS3, MGS4, Kill Zone, GT5, Forza, Halo 3, Uncharted 1, 2,3 , Crackdown 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Dead Rising, Fable 3

However if those games will ever release on PC then I am sure it will be ugly ports.

I personally use my HTPC for Movie and little bit of gaming. Most of the time PS3 and X360 satisfy my gaming need. I suggest don't rush for anything, take your time save money and then decide. Not every people have unlimited supply of money. Its take 2 years to build my setup.

Good luck with your journey.

if playing those old games is your source of "entertainment" than you are set with a pc

SudipBasu said:
lets see if you can leave without this too

Gears Of War 2, God Of War 3, Heavy Rain, MGS3, MGS4, Kill Zone, GT5, Forza, Halo 3, Uncharted 1, 2,3 , Crackdown 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Dead Rising, Fable 3

However if those games will ever release on PC then I am sure it will be ugly ports.

I personally use my HTPC for Movie and little bit of gaming. Most of the time PS3 and X360 satisfy my gaming need. I suggest don't rush for anything, take your time save money and then decide. Not every people have unlimited supply of money. Its take 2 years to build my setup.

Good luck with your journey.
I Kind of figured that out too :D

I realized my Laptop has quite good graphics card, So installed and played a couple of games ( MOH, Rainbow Six ) and I must say, NO FUN AT ALL

So, Decision Changed. 32 incher it is now (may be 42 if in budget). Just Confused that if Xbox still have rrod probelms?

Practically XBOX still have RROD problem, but slims are less pron to RROD. I think in India 35NM CPU and GPU model is still not available. I think all the slims are 35NM CPU and 65NM GPU. But if you custom cool it then there is no problem. My console was 1st gen Xenon (Jtagged). Its still working. Props to my 3 extra fan. Alternatively you can buy PS3 if you not very picky about GFX and love homebrew. Yes PS3 is still modable.

Projector Question
The projector looks good, good lamp life but its not full HD. Anything is waste of money if its not full HD in todays standards (1080P). also You found yourself surrounded by cables and wire if you go for projector unless if you have really good wire hiding skill.

Thanks for your input Sudip.

I also realized that there are a lot problems connected to projector, lighting n all stuff.

So I will stick to LCD, probably samsung 4 series.

Please be advised xbox360 does not play all the video formats.

What advice you asking for? Yes PS3 not play all media format but you can stream anything from your PC. Also you can try WDTV Live.

Back