Turbo-charge you Dial-up

Indyan

Adept
Dial Up - 5x Faster, Broadband - 3x & GPRS - 8x Faster

What is ONSPEED?

ONSPEED is the solution for millions of Internet users who are frustrated by having a slow Internet connection and is a real alternative to Broadband.

ONSPEED is a software download which utilises a unique 9 patent approved compression technology that increases your existing Internet connection speed by up to 5 times.
ONSPEED is:
Easy to install for PC and MAC
Available anywhere in the world
works with your existing ISP
A software download so there is NO need for new hardware

How does it work?

As you cannot physically change the speed of your Internet connection, ONSPEED uses a technology called Content Sensitive Compression ('CSC') to individually compress each element of a web page or email content using various compression algorithms based on a nine Patent approved proprietary technology.

The end result is that your web pages and emails (PC only) load and download as quickly as if you were on a Broadband connection.

When your web browser requests a Web Page, the ONSPEED software redirects that request to the ONSPEED Compression Servers. They take the respective Web Page content, compresses it and sends it back down to the ONSPEED software which decompresses it and sends it to the Browser requesting the information. At the moment we have dedicated algorithms for:
Photo-realistic images (e.g., JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP)
Line Art and Drawings (e.g., GIF, BMP)
Animated objects (GIF)
HTML objects
Text, etc
Office Documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Macromedia Flash
Any data elements that we do not have a dedicated algorithm for gets compressed using a generic compression algorithm. This ensures that we can still get a 20-30% speed increase on these elements.

We are constantly working on new algorithms to improve and enhance our service. By Mid 2005 we will have MP3 files, flash, and Mpeg4 for video available, achieving a 300% - 500% speed increase. You will automatically get notified when this occurs.
Awards and Appreciation Recieved

ONSPEED has 9 patents approved on its technology and has been given numerous awards by many of the UK's leading computer and internet titles.

"Broadband speeds on a 56k modem may seem like fantasy, but amazingly it does work."
Graham Barlow - Chief Editor, Internet Advisor Magazine
"When so many programs claim to speed up your Net connection, it's refreshing to find one that actually does it."
Performance 5/5, Ease of use 5/5, Value 5/5, Rating 5/5
.Net Magazine - 5 Stars
"Once you've used ONSPEED you won't want to surf the Net without it."
Laptop Magazine
"We think ONSPEED is an excellent investment."
Computer Active Magazine
"What impresses us the most about ONSPEED is the high quality of its compression technology."
PC Advisor Magazine
"Speed up your modem Internet connection to Broadband speeds. We're serious! An amazing piece of software."
PC Answers Magazine

http://www.onspeed.com/en/reviews/index.php

What it did for me (Proof)
onspeed7is.jpg

Download the trial from http://www.onspeed.com/download/trial/ONSPEED_download_trial.zip (7day trial)

Everything Good Comes at a Cost.This one comes for £1.99 / $3.67 / 3.25€ per month
It works like a charm on my dial-up.Supports all browsers.

I heard of something like this b4 - that was useless cos it compressed pics using a lossy compression that made the page look cheap.
My advice - stay away from it.

Must also mention this
1. No use for downloaders
2. Privacy goes to hell. These guys know all the sites u visit and intercept all data. What happens if some of that is secure data? Either they cannot compress it, or worse, they can which means they can see everything u are seeing.
3. How can they charge so low? All ur internet traffic goes thru them. Ur ISP charges 50 bucks for same and they charge 3? Not possible. Unless they are into data mining and are selling info to marketeers? Or something else equally scary.

yes the image quality is decreased.But u can adjust the image compression.As you can see it drastically compresses the text and flash also.So even without much compression of images it would do a good job.
It can be like a life saviour for people on dial-up.

well, internet is quite cheap there u know

my friend has $20 a month 1 mbps

and try the trial, done, i use it for forums mostly, u can adjust image quality to very good, and u will get get 5x speed
and gr8 image (forums)

KingKrool said:
Must also mention this
1. No use for downloaders
2. Privacy goes to hell. These guys know all the sites u visit and intercept all data. What happens if some of that is secure data? Either they cannot compress it, or worse, they can which means they can see everything u are seeing.
3. How can they charge so low? All ur internet traffic goes thru them. Ur ISP charges 50 bucks for same and they charge 3? Not possible. Unless they are into data mining and are selling info to marketeers? Or something else equally scary.
Brrrr ! Thats a scary thought ! Also i did notice a lot of scam software like onspeed coming up promising broadband speeds on dial-up. Maybe their aim was also data mining or collection i think. :-[

yup, invasion of privacy issue. as earlier mentioned by KK and others.
avoid it like the plague.

and Divyansh Sharma, you may be webmaster of XXXXXX. but this is a tech site. do not "emphasis" on "PXXX" here. We have many minors (underage) brilliant members here. so in future kindly "restrain" yourself.it is a humble request.

Well blade their was one scam which was basically based on this technology.THey promised 1mbps speed on dial-up :p

But this is authentic.It is patented and is an award winning technology.
Well,not much use for those with fast connection though.

Back