User Guides [TUTORIAL] Cassette to CD

This tutorial is regarding HOW TO RECORD CASSETTES TO YOUR COMPUTER AND THEN BURN IT IN YOUR CD/DVD

All most all of us have old cassettes in our home catching piles of dust and gradually dying out. So before they rest in peace revive them .

There are two sections for this operation
1)HARDWARE
2)SOFTWARE

First we will setup the hardware.

My Tape recorder

GUaB7.jpg

Side Ports

beMlS.jpg

So accordingly i have bought the cable.
from a local electronics shop get this cable(just say audio cable with two jacks. Mine is a local made 45/-)

NaGUz.jpg

Normally this comes with one Stereo jack with two RC cables. But we need two 3.5mm jacks instead of two RCs. So i requested the shopkeeper to cut those and join two 3.5 jacks.

CUT THE RC CABLES

DaLAf.jpg

JOINED TWO 3.5mm jacks

56cxx.jpg

If you get a cable with both the sides as 3.5mm then these steps are not required.

Plugged in

5TOHW.jpg

Now at the back of your PC you will find the audio panel.

The BLUE one is the LINE-IN jack.

BK78c.png

Put the other end 3.5mm jack in this BLUE port.

This ends the HARDWARE SET UP.

Summary: 1)one tape recorder 2)Audio cable 3) PC

Next is the software part.

First thing first. Locate speaker Icon in your system tray

3A6PR.png

Right click on it and select Recording devices

This window will pop up

1lzYC.png

Click on Line-In and click on Set Default if it is already not set. Click on OK.

Now you will need a software called AUDACITY. Download it from HERE

After installing go to Edit then Preference. Click on it

CYZXb.png

In the Next Screen make the settings like this.
JyxtB.png

Now put the cassette in your Cassette Player and press PLAY button. Immediately press the RECORD BUTTON in AUDACITY.

EbV7m.png

You will see recording has started.

When it ends press the STOP button from AUDACITY. Playback in AUDACITY for testing.

If your cassette makes noisy sound then record that sound first.
Under EFFECT MENU go to NOISE REMOVAL.Just record few seconds of that sound and it will be updated as Noise Profile. Then set the other parameters in that window.

Under File Menu go to Export and choose your favourite extension. You can select each song from the recording to save it as a seperate file. For that click on Export Selection under File menu.

After you extracted as per your choice Burn them on a a CD/DVD.

Thank You.

Back