Video tv resolution query 1080p

If some 50 inches tv supports 1080p does it mean that it will play 1080p movies on a full screen? Will not the resolution of 50 inches TV more than 1080p? i mean the larger the screen gets, the more pixels it accommodate? My pc monitor 19 inches accommodate 1440x900 pixels and when i play the 720p movie and play it in full screen, the image expands to make for extra pixels in my default monitor resolution and naturally the image quality deteriorates. Does that happen to the TV too? If i play 1080p movies on 50 inches tv, will the movie expand to accommodate the TV size? please guide? Will 32 inches display more clarity than 50 inches tv?

Bigger screen size does not mean that there will be more pixels. It means that the pixel size will be bigger.

The bigger the pixel size, the farther you can watch the TV from.

So, to answer you question - No, your 50 inch TV will not have more than 1080 pixels. And if you play a 1080p movie on it, it will not expand. Each pixel on each frame of you movie will map directly to each pixel on your screen thus giving you the best clarity.

You can read more here: woikr explains: Full HD and HD Ready TVs | woikr

tejinderss said:
If some 50 inches tv supports 1080p does it mean that it will play 1080p movies on a full screen? Will not the resolution of 50 inches TV more than 1080p? i mean the larger the screen gets, the more pixels it accommodate? My pc monitor 19 inches accommodate 1440x900 pixels and when i play the 720p movie and play it in full screen, the image expands to make for extra pixels in my default monitor resolution and naturally the image quality deteriorates. Does that happen to the TV too? If i play 1080p movies on 50 inches tv, will the movie expand to accommodate the TV size? please guide? Will 32 inches display more clarity than 50 inches tv?

The difference as far as I know would be in Pixel dot pitch, which refers to the distance between pixels (Red-to-Red, Blue-to-Blue, Green-to-Green). You'd get the best picture quality when the pixels are very close to each other. I'm a proud owner of Sony Bravia KLV-32NX500, its a full HD TV and I've seen it connected to a Blu-Ray player at Sony Center (E-Mart) and it look marvelous.

I'm not saying there would be much compromise in picture quality as the resolution remains the same i.e., 1920x1080, from what I've also heard, though I'm not sure or certain that bigger TV (newer ones) upscale very well.

But, I think 1920x1080 on 32" LCD TV would look amazing, especially if picture quality is a major concern.

You may read more on Pixel Dot Pitch by clicking on the following link:

Dot pitch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back