[TV series] House MD

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
"House M.D." (2004)

Plot: An antisocial maverick doctor who specializes in diagnostic medicine does whatever it takes to solve puzzling cases that come his way using his crack team of doctors and his wits.

Finally another good series worth watching; :)

I've just seen 3 epsiodes and all the 3 were good; :D

Worth giving a watch; :)

I saw a few epis, and didn't particularly like them. Found it too repititive - try out various cures and fail, only to stumble across the right solution in the last 10mins of each episode :p

gannu said:
I've just seen 3 epsiodes and all the 3 were good

i liked it too at first now they've settled on a standard formula they repeat every episode...

10 doc house insults his underlings
20 one seriously ill patient per episode
30 docs argue about diagnoses
40 eventually house's right in the end.
50 goto 10

(my little BASIC program which implements this serial in full) :eek:hyeah:

Actually even I didn't like the show in the beginning. I felt it was too repetitive and boring. But once past the 7th or 8th episode , I got addicted to it. Once you form a link with the characters , you will start loving this show. But yes it is not as addictive as some other shows like LOST , Prison break or Dexter probably because of its totally different genre.

@ Docs at TE : Do you guys really enjoy this show ? Is the show realistic , I mean do these kind of treatments really happen in real life too ?

Hmmm yeah will give it a try; :)

Awsum d/l speeds here at workplace; :p

Figuring out a way to l33ch these stuffs from the HDD; Damn USB doesn't work; :|

:p

No re; this's just a orientation centre; nuthing more; they prep u for work at Hazira; :)

There I wont have such priveleges, confirmed; :p

And I'm at the browsing facility so no worries; m yet to figure out abt hw t0 l33ch them from the server HDD though; :p

House is good. And its not about the story alone. And not all people will like house. I love it for the writing, dialogues, and those arguments and one liners that only Hugh Laurie can deliver.

All the cases on the show are real cases. They consult the doctors and all of these cases are taken from the actual medical case records.

So they do try their best to keep the them accurate.

And the way this series is made will remain constant from Episode 1 to the last episode they make. 1 case every time. Thats how its made. The person with curious mind will find them interesting.

Not to forget the problems of House himself and his toddlers :p

dont really like it, but you guys shd watch How I Met Your Mother

Neil Patrick Harris is insane..

Dexter & New Amsterdam are also great, crime drama/mystery

Bluffmaster said:
^ So I take it that you do understand all that medical mumbo jumbo they give us in the episodes , given your medical background :p

not everything all the time but many things. And the things I dont understand, I search on net by pausing episode or ask dad :p

Many people wont understand those tests that they order as they use only initials / shortforms for those tests. I do, same goes with anatomy / physiology. I have studied them during my education :p

And all my life I have been around hospitals. Because of family and also because of the field i have chosen for myself heh.

So the show is obviously my favourite.

^Hmm cool , btw Doctors like House really do exist in real life. Maybe they are not extraordinary doctors but they sure are quiet rude to the patients who they feel have a minor illness. I really feel for the patients when House just ridicules them.:p

@Pappu
Not everyone can appreciate british comedy.

Even I too like Dr.Who (watched EVERY single episode of the series since its reincarnation).

Even QI is quiet good IMHO.

mr47 said:
dont really like it, but you guys shd watch How I Met Your Mother
Neil Patrick Harris is insane..

Dexter & New Amsterdam are also great, crime drama/mystery

Sadly, new aamsterdam is sacked :(

Coupling is awesome no doubt...

Recently started Bonekickers is also damn intresting... then there is FEAR itself which is good timepass... :)

Oh.. check out middleman.... thats also fun to watch :p

Back