PC Peripherals tv tuner card for laptop?

aka911

Skilled
Guys help me out here a bit please.

i have a hp laptop n201tx. It is used mainly to download and watch movies and occasionally the word processor.
Now with the cricket world cup coming up, I was thinking of getting a DTH HD connection.
The problem is I generally dont watch tv and also hate the idea of it occupying valuable space in my bedroom.. Also the cost .
So I thought why not go for a tv tuner box or stick or whatever they are called now.
Alas, the last time I read about them on the internet was years ago and any good information on the good ones is hard to come by..
I have the following queries , and if someone will be kind to answer them here...

1. Are tv tuner boxes still releavant?
2. Has the performance as in image quality been i improved over the predecessors?
3. I dont think my laptop has a pci slot, so the only option might be an external usb tv tuner card?
4. Image qualty differnce between internal and external tv tuner cards?
5. My laptop has a relatively poor screen with a max res of 1333 x 768 and a refresh rate of I think around 60 hz. Will it be conducive to watch television particularly sports?

I dont have a fixed budget per se. But would like to buy something with HDMI in and nice image quality. Recording functions are desirable but nit neccessary.
Kindly suggest something available in india or on indian ecommerce websites.

I don't heard about tv tuner. Please can you explain what is the functioning of tv tuner and how it is used?
Its a device or card for viewing television channels on your computer. You can further record tv shoes or your fav songs and movies and also listen to fm radio and record that as well.

Guys help me out here a bit please.

i have a hp laptop n201tx. It is used mainly to download and watch movies and occasionally the word processor.
Now with the cricket world cup coming up, I was thinking of getting a DTH HD connection.
The problem is I generally dont watch tv and also hate the idea of it occupying valuable space in my bedroom.. Also the cost .
So I thought why not go for a tv tuner box or stick or whatever they are called now.
Alas, the last time I read about them on the internet was years ago and any good information on the good ones is hard to come by..
I have the following queries , and if someone will be kind to answer them here...

1. Are tv tuner boxes still releavant?
2. Has the performance as in image quality been i improved over the predecessors?
3. I dont think my laptop has a pci slot, so the only option might be an external usb tv tuner card?
4. Image qualty differnce between internal and external tv tuner cards?
5. My laptop has a relatively poor screen with a max res of 1333 x 768 and a refresh rate of I think around 60 hz. Will it be conducive to watch television particularly sports?

I dont have a fixed budget per se. But would like to buy something with HDMI in and nice image quality. Recording functions are desirable but nit neccessary.
Kindly suggest something available in india or on indian ecommerce websites.
You have to opt for an external device obviously. But off late I dont think so theres a demand for tv tuner anymore. Still hunt on ebay or flipkart and primeabgb. Best is to visit local IT shops for more info and pricing.

Last edited:
Back