Video TV Tuner Card for recording on Laptop for Tata Sky DTH

sunandoghosh

Disciple
Hi Friends,
Need serious expert advice.

I currently have D2H Tata Sky ( No Plus No HD).
I would like to record certain programs to my hard disk in laptop for later viewing.
My understanding after reading so many posts is that Tata Sky (or for that matter any Indian D2H service) setup box recorder only allows to record and view via setup box. We cannot transfer the recorded programs in Setup box to laptop and view on laptop.
I want to record on laptop for later viewing.
Few Questions:
1. Which TV tuner card will work my dell laptop and allow me to view and record tata sky D2H programmes?
Requirements
1. Be able to record and play later on on laptop
2. reasonably priced (upto rs 4000 or nearby is max i can speed...the lower price better)
3. Will work with Tata Sky D2H
4. Less complicated setup and let me know if any extra accessories required.
I await your expert and valuable advice as I need to purchase asap due to some urgent requirements. Hence request for your feedback suggestions.
Thank you for your time.

I am using the following tv tuner card for recording / viewing tatasky on my desktop pc.

http://www.flipkart.com/avermedia-a...-card/p/itmd2ryhhf5zmmb6?pid=TVTD2RYKWWZEFWKH

Setup is very simple. You can attach the composite output from tatasky stb to the usb tv tuner using the supplied cable. Install the software that comes with the card and you are good to go.

Somebody is selling the same card here on TE. You may want to check it out.

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply.

Just wanted to confirm (sorry for my shallow knowledge) that using this aver media card i will be able to watch and record the tata sky programmes in my laptop?

Any limitations that i am not aware or problems u faced pls highlight?

do i need to purchase any extra accessories apart from this?

thank u again tonnes.[DOUBLEPOST=1365616135][/DOUBLEPOST]Also i am looking at a picture of this tuner card on flip kart link...

USB is one end which goes into laptop but the other end is seems like coaxial type whereas STB tatasky has composite out (hope i am getting it correct) three cables?

How to put three cables of composite out from STB from Tata Sky into single other end input into TV tuner?[DOUBLEPOST=1365617132][/DOUBLEPOST]Also whats difference between above and http://www.flipkart.com/avermedia-a...TZJS&ref=22cad08e-c0aa-40b1-9b3b-cfb7bea684d0 as all you tube videos are based on this one?

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply.

Just wanted to confirm (sorry for my shallow knowledge) that using this aver media card i will be able to watch and record the tata sky programmes in my laptop?

Any limitations that i am not aware or problems u faced pls highlight?

do i need to purchase any extra accessories apart from this?

thank u again tonnes.[DOUBLEPOST=1365616135][/DOUBLEPOST]Also i am looking at a picture of this tuner card on flip kart link...

USB is one end which goes into laptop but the other end is seems like coaxial type whereas STB tatasky has composite out (hope i am getting it correct) three cables?

How to put three cables of composite out from STB from Tata Sky into single other end input into TV tuner?[DOUBLEPOST=1365617132][/DOUBLEPOST]Also whats difference between above and http://www.flipkart.com/avermedia-a...TZJS&ref=22cad08e-c0aa-40b1-9b3b-cfb7bea684d0 as all you tube videos are based on this one?

you dont have to purchase anything else. the avermedia box includes all that is needed. the coaxial connector is used if you use the coaxial output from tatasky stb. But the 3 composite cables connect to a cable provided by avermedia whose other end has a wide slit type connector which goes into the tv tuner card.

take a look at the attached pic.
aver_volar_go_a833_feature.jpg

the other link that you posted is a hd card while the avermedia go is sd.

I am using the following tv tuner card for recording / viewing tatasky on my desktop pc.

http://www.flipkart.com/avermedia-a...-card/p/itmd2ryhhf5zmmb6?pid=TVTD2RYKWWZEFWKH

Setup is very simple. You can attach the composite output from tatasky stb to the usb tv tuner using the supplied cable. Install the software that comes with the card and you are good to go.

Somebody is selling the same card here on TE. You may want to check it out.
Thank u for ur replies...so i did finally purchase and got it sometime back. I purchased from flipkart.

I tried by setting in composite output mode.

However I am unable to change channels thru supplied remote...the channel it seems can be changed only by the STB remote? pls validate or am i missing something?

The supplied remote is useless when using tatasky. I havent even taken mine out of the box. The remote that come with the tatasky stb is to be used for all tv tuner operations.

The supplied remote is useless when using tatasky. I havent even taken mine out of the box. The remote that come with the tatasky stb is to be used for all tv tuner operations.
thanks just wanted to confirm to ensure i am not missing something
thanks for all helpm time and guidance

Back