PC Peripherals TV Tuner Question

draz

Disciple
Hi,
I have a query.

Hathway is providing digital cable tv here in bangalore. The only procedure is that u have to add a Humax set top box thru the same cable line.

Now if i have to have this digital cable on my PC i obviously have to get a digital tv tuner card ( in my case media cneter certified) and buy the set top box.

So what i want to know is whether this set top box can be bypassed in such a way that i directly connect the cable to a external/internal tv tuner which does the job of both-- ie. tv uner and set tp box.

No replies. :(

If i use a dth service then i need a setup box for each tv but what about comps with tv tuner? Do I need a set top box for the comp also?

Someone plz give some info. I wanted to go for DTh coz my cable wallah is an idiot.

Hey draz if u try this thing plz do post ur experience.

found some things last week and i must tell you that i am really disappointed.

First of all for this digital cable tv on ur comp or TV you have to have a set top box as the signal that is recived from their main center is encrypted and needs a digital signature which it recieves from the "Acess card" that is inserted in the set top box.

secondly the other digital info like scheduling and all cant be transfred on to the comp and thus the comp merely acts as a display unit.

This digital cable tv is a 'Set top box" version unlike the "universal box" version abroad wherein you can add a digital tv tuner card to ur PC and connect it directly to ur comp.
So bottom line...unless you dont care of scheduling and control from PC you can go for thif for dvd qualty video and streo cound. Else just stick to normal analog cable tv for now untill a refined digtal cable tv or maybe HDTV come to india.
I think the same holds true for the currrent DTH too i guess.

adios
draz

Back