Car & Bike TVS Apache RTR 250 To Be out soon!

torque

Recruit
Although the speculations of a big engined performance TVS bike has been on the internet for a while now, we now have concrete details on the new bike, if our friends at motorbeam are to be believed.

The timing is pretty good we say since the company was a little left out as far as performance biking scene in India is concerned. Bajaj has the fastest India in the form of Pulsar 220 DTSi while Hero Honda has the Karizma ZMR but now they will have stiff competition from TVS’s new bike which will be launched in the market soon.

Carrying forward the Apache brand, the new bike will be called Apache RTR 250 which as the name suggests will come with a 250cc single cylinder engine, outstripping both the Pulsar 220 and the Karizma as far as cubic capacity is concerned but the engine cc isnt the best news about the new bike. The bike is reported to deliver a maximum 30 bhp @ 9000 rpm and a maximum 2.2 kgm for torque @ 8000 rpm, the highest in the segment and just 3 bhp shy of the mighty Ninja 250R! The engine will be mated to a 6 speed gearbox which when matched with the relatively light 140 kg kerb weight helps the new TVS achieve a top speed of 150 kmph.
The front suspension is the industry standard telescopic forks although upside forks would have added further spice to the whole package while the rear consists of a mono shock suspension supported by a rectangular swing arm. Stopping duties are handled by a 290mm disc brake at the front and 220 mm discs at the rear which would come with optional ABS, a first for any bike in India. The tyre size up front is 100/80 X 17 while the rear is a fat 130/70 X 17 mounted on standard six spoke alloy wheels.

The new Apache RTR is expected to be priced @ Rs 1,20,000/-. We will have all the details for you once the bike is officially launched next month.

Source: TVS Apache RTR 250 CC Launch Soon | Specs, Price, 30 bhp | Autoholiks

TVS the biggest problem is the waiting for the upcoming....u hear the news than another company launches a model in 3 months and even after a year u are still hearing from tvs its coming

torque said:
I have my doubts on the power output, given it is a single cylinder 250cc bike. Its more than 100 bhp per 1000 cc.

Even i doubt it. Firstly its 30bhp, secondly at just 9000rpm!?

Also, they mention its 3 bhp shy of Ninja 250R (which FYI is 32ps=26.4bhp)

I guess these folks have confused bhp with ps.

So, RTR250 must be around 23bhp.

sato1986 said:

FYI, 32ps = 31.55 bhp. Peak power arriving at 9000rpm seems ok to me.

sato1986 said:

BHP is same as HP, its just the british way of saying things. Braking horse power is calculating how much energy would the brakes be absorbed(dissipated) when an engine is brought to a complete halt from full power.

1BHP = 746 Watts & 1HP = 736 Watts

Edit. Found the conversion factor => 0.9866 BHP = 1 HP, it's not precisely 1:1

sato1986 said:

your conversion is wrong

thetechmind said:
ewwwww +1 to that.......i wouldnt mind striping it out of its plastics and putting up an fz16 headlamp and get the naked look on it :eek:hyeah::hap2:

same here, but i'd put the old RTR headlight back on. Will save atleast 5 more kilos.

sato1986 said:

LOL FYI, 1 ps ~ 0.98632 hp.

thetechmind said:
ewwwww +1 to that.......i wouldnt mind striping it out of its plastics and putting up an fz16 headlamp and get the naked look on it :eek:hyeah::hap2:

I doubt it would look like that.
If thats the looks, then no one wud buy it.

tvs is definitely better than bajaj, apache 180cc gets pretty close to what bajaj does with 220cc, i think they have much better engineering dept.
that said, id have to see the bike in a real road test before deciding how good it is.

that and the pic on the autoholiks site looks like an amateur photochop mod job due to its horrible quality.

Back