OC & Modding TwinMos BH-6 ?

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Was looking for UTT in Chennai, and came across some TwinMos sticks that have the 1A4T code but are rated for DDR333. My assumption was they are BH-6 ICs.

Came across this link recently :

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=372050

It seems to say the BH-6 performs almost similar to BH-5, but the BH-6 is supposed to be extinct like the BH-5.

UTT exists in BH and CH variants, so is this a sort of UTT version on the DDR333 sticks? Any guesses how well they could overclock? Reason I'm asking is a lot of folks were looking for the 1A4T twinmos DDR400 sticks, if this could do as well it might be a good substitute for them :)

3DIMMS on Skt 754 = DDR 333 2T on most boards. The max even a DFI board (forcing ddr400 on a good mem controller chip) can manage is 2-3-2-10@DDR 400, 2T. tRCD of 2 is impossible with 3 dimms @DDR400 :\.

So, is the RAM good or bad ? Pretty sure from ur response that the guy with the RAM had messed up somewhere. But still, is the RAM good or bad ? Million dollar question, heh ?

Freaky said:
So, is the RAM good or bad ? Pretty sure from ur response that the guy with the RAM had messed up somewhere. But still, is the RAM good or bad ? Million dollar question, heh ?
Cant say :)

Well he is using a C0 rev. CPU so running 3 DIMMS @ 400MHz with 1T is possible but 3 DIMMS at 400Mhz with trcd at 2 is not possible but about the SuperElixir what I know is that they OC nicely till 245Mhz DDR @ 2-3-2-5 @2.85V

They will also boot at 200MHZ DDR with 2-2-2-10 @ 2.85V (It seems they love voltage; a kind of adaptation from Winbond Chips)

I think they are hard to find chips but if u do not intend to do a 250+ DDR OC and have ample voltage then they are good and quite cheap

Back