TWS Bluetooth Earphones but not In Ear (Canal)

raksrules

Elite
I am planning to buy TWS Bluetooth Earphones for use with iPhone and iPad. They need to be like earpods / airpods design which does not entirely go inside the ear. I know that with the devices mentioned, one would suggest Airpods but they are pricey for me especially since their battery may not last properly 2 years with regular use and I would have to dispose them. If I am anyways going to do that, I rather buy something far cheaper.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for me?

My wife already has Soundcore Life Note and they are good sound wise and battery life is stellar too. But they are in ear canal and I don't want to use it. I don't see myself using the one I will buy too much. It will be just for night youtube watching in room on my iPad or doing timepass on instagram or so. Probably may not even use outside house.
Don't want to spend a lot.

I am planning to buy TWS Bluetooth Earphones for use with iPhone and iPad. They need to be like earpods / airpods design which does not entirely go inside the ear. I know that with the devices mentioned, one would suggest Airpods but they are pricey for me especially since their battery may not last properly 2 years with regular use and I would have to dispose them. If I am anyways going to do that, I rather buy something far cheaper.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for me?

My wife already has Soundcore Life Note and they are good sound wise and battery life is stellar too. But they are in ear canal and I don't want to use it. I don't see myself using the one I will buy too much. It will be just for night youtube watching in room on my iPad or doing timepass on instagram or so. Probably may not even use outside house.
Don't want to spend a lot.
Battery does last 2 + years comfortably on the AP - My wife's APs are 3+ years now and still going strong..
Since you have multiple Apple devices now (I think), you should just stretch the budget once and get them only

The ability to flip between devices at will is undersold i think - and if you look around, you may be able to snag em for 10K or so (non pro)

If you still think it is too expensive (which i agree it is) then maybe the oneplus buds ? they are non IEMs

Battery does last 2 + years comfortably on the AP - My wife's APs are 3+ years now and still going strong..
Since you have multiple Apple devices now (I think), you should just stretch the budget once and get them only

The ability to flip between devices at will is undersold i think - and if you look around, you may be able to snag em for 10K or so (non pro)

If you still think it is too expensive (which i agree it is) then maybe the oneplus buds ? they are non IEMs

Yes, I do own (not boasting) iPhone, iPad, Macbook and Apple watch and yes I am contemplating buying Airpods but just cannot muster the courage to spend north of 10k for that. Also not interested in Pros anyways.

But still would like to see if I can find good options at lesser price. Btw what is your wife's usage of her Airpods?

Yes, I do own (not boasting) iPhone, iPad, Macbook and Apple watch and yes I am contemplating buying Airpods but just cannot muster the courage to spend north of 10k for that. Also not interested in Pros anyways.

But still would like to see if I can find good options at lesser price. Btw what is your wife's usage of her Airpods?
You should not even consider any other TWS then - if you can
We both use airpods - 1 APP and 1 regular - for calls (extensively), music (some extent) and movies/TV (regularly)

The call quality with the APs (the voice quality at the other end specifically) is leaps & bounds better than anything else in that price range (or lower)- and I have multiple other TWSs

The other nice part is it does not really matter which device you are connecting and or which AP is at hand’s reach
Either of them will connect to any of our devices (laptop/tab/phone/streamer) automatically - or with a single click at most (single click is needed when e.g. she wants to use my AP with her phone or tab etc)

With other TWSs , it is often a game of russian roulette to find/locate which device(s) it is connected to so as to disconnect it from the other one before attempting to connect to the one you want to connect it to

The only issue I face is with my watch which can be a bit slow or fussy to connect - probably because it is quite old and dated now..
Also, some folks prefer a slight V curve to their sound - in which case they would find the music playback lean on bass/treble

Not sure if it is a dumb idea but I am planning to buy the clone airpods 2 to try out and see if I can get used to it before deciding to buy the real thing. I usually see it for 1000 rupees on Facebook groups and such. I know it is literally burning 1K rupees.

I know there are clones out there which look, feel and function like that real thing. Heck they even show up on find my app on IOS.

Last edited:
Not sure if it is a dumb idea but I am planning to buy the clone airpods 2 to try out and see if I can get used to it before deciding to buy the real thing. I usually see it for 1000 rupees on Facebook groups and such. I know it is literally burning 1K rupees.

I know there are clones out there which look, feel and function like that real thing. Heck they even show up on find my app on IOS.
Dude- you already know that's a dumb idea. don't you :tearsofjoy:

If you want to use that experience to mentally justify why not to buy a AP then by all means :p

TBH I wasn't very comfortable initially with the idea of spending that much on what is eventually headphone ..
It could have swung either way - but ended up liking it so much that even after losing 1 pair (each), both of us still ended up getting AP as replacements..

If however you do not get AP then don't spend too much on middle of the road TWSs - the cheaper variants from Boat etc are pretty decent too relatively speaking
TWSs south of 1500 would end up yielding a UX pretty close to a 5K one

Dude- you already know that's a dumb idea. don't you :tearsofjoy:

If you want to use that experience to mentally justify why not to buy a AP then by all means :p

TBH I wasn't very comfortable initially with the idea of spending that much on what is eventually headphone ..
It could have swung either way - but ended up liking it so much that even after losing 1 pair (each), both of us still ended up getting AP as replacements..

If however you do not get AP then don't spend too much on middle of the road TWSs - the cheaper variants from Boat etc are pretty decent too relatively speaking
TWSs south of 1500 would end up yielding a UX pretty close to a 5K one

Well yes it is definitely a dumb idea and actually with 1K I can buy some other brand but decent tws which will actually work well. Just that most are in ear ones. The cheapest non in ear is realme I guess which look like airpods. And yes it is either 1000-1500 range ones or directly airpods. No point spending anything 1.5K if I am not buying airpods.

go for airpods if sound quality isn't a concern (at all). with your usage i think it'll last 3 years at least. if you're fine with sq of normal earpods then by all means go for nothing else. you'll be paying price for the convenience/comfort factor alone. call quality and connection with other (apple) devices is 2nd to none by a large margin. but sq like i said is just horrible for the price.
and don't go for clones or sub 1.5k tws please (unless from aliexpress which is not possible now). waste of money and time.

Using my wife's soundcore life note which have good sound but their fit isn't good at all. You always feel they will fall out. I know this is a common complaint with this particular one.

I checked Boats Airdopes 131 which are NOT in ear but it's reviews are pretty bad. Price was attractive.

Back