TWS under 1500?

Hello everyone, I hope y'all are doing well. I've been on the lookout for some good TWS under 1500 INR, used or new ones. As for new ones, I've shortlisted the Oppo Enco Buds 2 as I've only heard good things about it but unsure of mic quality.

The emphasis lies on audio quality more than bass or something similar to the Galaxy Buds Pro (not exact, but similar). I could be wrong but a lot of TWSs in this budget focus a lot on bass than sound quality so might be a tough ask. I listen to a ton of podcasts and watch Movies or YT vids so that is equally important as well that the sound quality is great for those. I do like the shape of my older Galaxy Buds Pro but that's more of a preference than an absolute need.

A great mic for the occasional long phone calls is also something I am prioritising. The Galaxy Buds Pro had a good feature where I could hear myself when I talk so that'd be neat feature to have or if it is something a software can do, that's fine. I don't game, I should emphasise that. I guess latency shouldn't be very important in that case. I listen to a ton of English music exclusively and no regional music.

This will be a secondary pair of Buds as I would wait for about 2 weeks (maybe more) to buy some older Sony WF series earphones or the Galaxy Buds 2 (depending on which is better if I am honest or may not buy one entirely as I am trying to listen to less music).

Lemme know if you guys have any suggestions or if the Enco Buds 2 itself is better. Again, sound quality>>>bass and a good but clear mic is important as well.

Thnks in advance guys and have a lovely day! :)

Last edited:
A great mic for the occasional long phone calls is also something I am prioritising. The Galaxy Buds Pro had a good feature where I could hear myself when I talk so that'd be neat feature to have or if it is something a software can do, that's fine. I don't game, I should emphasise that. I guess latency shouldn't be very important in that case. I listen to a ton of English music exclusively and no regional music.
Similar requirements. Will follow to see what you ended up with. I have a m31 which is quite fine for calls and even music but need a tws variant now.

This Anker tws seems to have gone down to 1499/- recently during the diwali sale or the sale before diwali. Now its back up to 1899/-
Sound quality and voice call quality seems good according to reviews.

This Anker tws seems to have gone down to 1499/- recently during the diwali sale or the sale before diwali. Now its back up to 1899/-
Sound quality and voice call quality seems good according to reviews.

Was considering it but I wasn't sure about it tbh. Never really heard of it so was unsure. Probably a good deal. Couldn't trust a ton of these YouTubers as well. :( Perhaps, it might have been a bit too bass heavy, I guess.

I'd suggest considering the Nord Buds 2R. They have excellent sound drivers and a superior mic compared to other brands in your budget. The price of the Buds 2R is around 1800, but you can avail a 200 discount with a bank offer. Overall, they would be a great option for your requirements.

Bit too expensive for my blood. I would like to spend little and get bang for the buck TWS. If my budget was stretched, I would hav chosen it but not sure. Just looking for decent one that can meet my needs. :)
It is bang for the buck .

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpeg
    IMG_2961.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 68
Honestly, if you're looking for sound quality, I'd recommend looking at IEMs. Specifically, Truthear Hola and Moondrop Chu II.
Hola drops a bit in the high frequency range, which I personally prefer because it's kinda irritating to listen to for a long while. I bought the Hola (with mic) during sale for ₹1600.

Another really good option could be Salnotes Zero, which have a Type-C cable option.

A great mic for the occasional long phone calls is also something I am prioritising
^see this?
Honestly, if you're looking for sound quality, I'd recommend looking at IEMs. Specifically, Truthear Hola and Moondrop Chu II. Hola drops a bit in the high frequency range, which I personally prefer because it's kinda irritating to listen to for a long while. I bought the Hola (with mic) during sale for ₹1600.

Hola doesn't have a mic
Another really good option could be Salnotes Zero, which have a Type-C cable option.
This zero does but is out of stock and only the variant without mic is in stock. Figures because with phones these days everyone needs a mic.

Last edited:
Hola doesn't have a mic
The current stock doesn't, yeah. But it did a few months ago:
1704468613187.png

I'm not sure when, or if, they'll restock it. But aside from the Hola, any IEM around that price point should be much better than what you can find from a normal ₹5K TWS. As always, you've to look at the stock that's available at the moment, the recommendations we post may not always be available, after all.

As for the microphone quality, it sounds great in a quiet room without applying any filters. I can't say anything about noise, since I almost always run a noise reduction/vocal enhancement algo on the input.

Last edited:
View attachment 187384

I'm not sure when, or if, they'll restock it. But aside from the Hola, any IEM around that price point should be much better than what you can find from a normal ₹5K TWS. As always, you've to look at the stock that's available at the moment, the recommendations we post may not always be available, after all.

As for the microphone quality, it sounds great in a quiet room without applying any filters. I can't say anything about noise, since I almost always run a noise reduction/vocal enhancement algo on the input.

Was considering this when it comes in stock... what do you reckon? I'll mostly use it with my phone (S21 FE) and Laptop. Don't have any 3.5mm headphone jack devices I use on a day to day basis.

View attachment 187384

any IEM around that price point should be much better than what you can find from a normal ₹5K TWS.
I was considering a TWS cause I only need it for gym and traveling. I agree with what you said but for an average user like me, using Spotify and slowly downloading FLACS, I used thr Buds Pro and really liked the sound quality of thta.

Last edited:

Was considering this when it comes in stock... what do you reckon? I'll mostly use it with my phone (S21 FE) and Laptop. Don't have any 3.5mm headphone jack devices I use on a day to day basis.
It says “Sold out” to me, soo…

Aside from that, while JIU is a really nice choice, you've to keep in mind that the cable is not removable. Most IEMs use a common cable, and the most common reason an earphone stops working is because the cable gets broken, which would not be an issue if you've a removable cable.

That said, you can't go wrong with any of the IEMs that Headphone Zone lists. They all sound great compared to boAt or cheap earphones from Sony or such.

The site also says how the signature of the sound is (flat, V-shape etc). They also have videos on YouTube explaining a lot of stuff. Good luck to you!

Chu, I think, is basically the same as Jiu 2, but with a 3.5 mm port, and a removable cable instead? Honestly, I haven't looked around since I bought the Hola :p

Any details about this algo? This is on a phone I take it
Sadly not, normal calls when inside the room, or on quiet places. The algos I use are all on Linux, using EasyEffects. I use a combination of DeepFilterNet, Echo Cancellation and RNNoise(sometimes). They work great when on calls or streaming. I guess you could technically do it if you run rooted version of Android, but I'm not sure. Though, I think my Android already does some sort of noise suppression, though? Not sure, but on WhatsApp, the party answering my calls always says I sound better whenever I'm using my phone rather than a Windows' computer.

I was considering a TWS cause I only need it for gym and traveling. I agree with what you said but for an average user like me, using Spotify and slowly downloading FLACS, I used thr Buds Pro and really liked the sound quality of thta.
I'm surprised no one has recommended the tangzu wan'er sg yet.
Get the green jade version, it comes with a somewhat better quality cable compared to the other colors.
It's one of the more top rated budget IEMs. I was going to get this until a sale came on linsoul and I purchased the simgot ew200 for 2.6k instead. However that came all the way from china and it has no mic. This tangzu does have a mic. It will be better than any tws at this price range (I used some friends cheap tws earbuds today, my god was it terrible sounding) Also it's best you buy a 3.5mm to usb c dongle and just keep it constantly plugged into your earphone if you don't have a 3.5mm jack. I have to say though, your galaxy buds are still very well rated, they have a good v shaped sound and even crinacle likes them too and gave them a B+ if I'm not wrong (His grades aren't God's truth but he's a well respected reviewer). Not that you will be disappointed with these, but it will be a little bit more balanced out with a bit more bass than a salnotes zero 1.

There's many more reviews out there that you yourself can watch.
The mic/cable on these seem to be the common place kz types so it's good enough i.e it's much better than TWS mics.
Build on these aren't the best, I personally prefer a full metal body like the simgot but having said that, my old kz zsn pros (the build of which are similar) are still intact albeit the connectors are kinda broken off due to my firm use of them.

Back