Types Of Games (Poll)

blueOrb

Disciple
First Person Games
First person games, first person shooters or fps, are games played in the first person point of view. This is the the most popular genre for military action and World War 2 games, but includes some other themes as well.

Massively Multiplayer Games
Massively multiplayer (MMP) games are those which are played with hundreds sometimes thousands of other "live" people over the Internet. Many require monthly subscription fees and some contain single player versions.

Real Time Strategy Games
Real time strategy games, also know as RTS, are usually games played in the top down view and contain a civilization management to it's game play. Managing ecomnomy, expansion, military and other aspects of the games "civilization".

Role Playing Games
Role playing computer games try to take the traditional table top role playing games and bring them to life on the computer. The basic premise of gaining experience and advancing levels for new abilities and powers. Many fantasy and science fiction themed games are role playing games.

Sports Games
Sports games for the computer aren't nearly as popular as those made for console, but the favorites linke Madden NFL Football provide some fun single and multiplayer game-play.

Strategy Games
Strategy computer games are usually very detailed turn based games where the action is somewhat delayed until your or your opponents' turn has ended. Many strategy games can last for hours on end.

Third Person Games
Third person games are similiar to first person games, yet the action is seen in the third person, usually direcly above and behind the main character. This is a popular genre for military action games and stealth style games.

For Me Its

Third Person Games
Massively Multiplayer Games
Role Playing Games
First Person Games
8)

All those who vote for simulation please reply me with a PM .

i shall add that option asap and set the number of votes accordingly.
Edit:

Simulation option now added.

3 votes added to Simulation

blueOrb,geek_rohit,Myself.

Hmm strategy...
Why cos it requires brains ;)

i loved caesar3. Right now immortal cities-children of the nile.

Also love playing war games, Mohaa, cod commanche etc.

strategy strategy strategy..and oh a lil bit of FPS....
according to me nothing had ever influenced me so greatly as Age of empires and warcraft did...

but yes....FPS rock too..games like HL2 will go down in history as a complete turning point..same goes for halo and farcry...

I like the Action-Adventure genre games like GTA, Mafia,etc and Driving Games the most. I used to be Real Time Strat fan, but now i think i just played too much of them. FPS are okay but i play only which have somethin radically new like Farcry, doom 3, etc. Adventure Games esp based on Sci-Fi are nice too, i remember The Longest Journey which i played long time back, it was incredibly good.
So guyz add some new poll options :p

XTerminator said:
i think Sports Includes Racing too:tongue:
Nope..
you're wrong again.
sports may include simulation racing like rally and F1
but arcade racing is a different genre :tongue:

whatever:p

u want me to add that as an option to the poll too?
i shall do so.
Tell me who all vote for it as i shall then put the number against that option.

I play Midnight Club II predominantly .. What genre would that fall under ?? Rockstar Street racer, progressively better cars, bikes + driving upgrades like burnout & in-air controls.

Well..m a strategy freak and AOE2,Empire earth,RON are my favourite games...
sometimes i play sports games like fifa and cricket...i hate fps and tps games...they make me go dizzy....

Voted for Strategy, sports and simulation kinda games!

I like that Train simulation game, Age of empires , Formula one and these kinds of games...

Back