Car & Bike Tyre change on Unicorn

djmykey

Skilled
Hello All,

I have a 2006 Honda Unicorn 2nd Gen bike. The bike is still awesome and running fine. Now it has run 39k kms and I think when it touches 40k its due for a tyre change. I'm blank about what to do when it comes to automobiles and hence the thread here. Any suggestions on which tyre's should I go for and how much do they cost.

I wanna (kinda thinking) change the stock rims (spoke) to alloys. But the thing is Honda has black alloys and my bike is blue in color like this

Black alloys wont suit this, so want to see some suitable alloys which would fit and not need any modifications.

black is the only option you have, unless you go for custom ones which would be bit expensive. and black would suit all colors of bikes, rather anything else would spoil the look.

Malique said:
black is the only option you have, unless you go for custom ones which would be bit expensive. and black would suit all colors of bikes, rather anything else would spoil the look.

Hmm I guess I have to get those black ones then..
nehaladsul said:
I think Black Alloys would look good on your bike.

Also, opt for MRF Zappers on the Black Alloys.
I guess Zappers are the stock ones that come on the Uni.. or you are suggesting some diff spec ones ?

Go for the Black Alloys. They look good on the Blue Unicorn (subjective).

As far as tyre is concerned you can go for the MRF Zapper 100/90-18 Tubeless. (Since u are going to be upgrading to alloy wheels, you should go in for tubeless tyres as well)

For the front you can buy the: MRF Zapper FS 90/90-18.

If you want some more options then the best is the Michelin M45 which is available in above sizes for both front & rear. - I would suggest Michelin for superior grip but it does not last as long as the zappers.

djmykey said:
Hmm I guess I have to get those black ones then..

I guess Zappers are the stock ones that come on the Uni.. or you are suggesting some diff spec ones ?
No... MRF Zapper is the brand I am suggesting. :p

But, for the specs, use 90/90 up front & 100/90 at the rear. If i am not wrong, the Unicorn model u are having has a skinny rear tire as stock fitting.

Ok now a little different question. Can I buy the tyres and rims from Honda itself i.e. the Dazzler tyres and fit em on my Uni.. is that possible ??

My first change on the rear was a Pirelli Speed Demon ( 110 x 18 ). Excellent road grip in the dry. But not so good on wet roads.. Now I've switched to Zapper's MRF Zapper 100/90-18.. I've got the same blue color you're talking about, and alloys.. IMO it looks awesome :bleh:

sathyanaidu said:
My first change on the rear was a Pirelli Speed Demon ( 110 x 18 ). Excellent road grip in the dry. But not so good on wet roads.. Now I've switched to Zapper's MRF Zapper 100/90-18.. I've got the same blue color you're talking about, and alloys.. IMO it looks awesome :bleh:

Did you get the Dazzler rims and tyres or the Unicorn rims and tyres. Also if its not much of a hassle can you post a side profile pic of your bike... :)

Sell your bike save some money and get a cycle Hero/Atlas durable, economical and no pollution :p

But if you really want to throw money on that stupid bike go for Michelin Sirac.

Alloy wheels should be around 4400-4800 for a pair. You will have to see the matching of the disc, and the rear hub for mounting. The first gen Unicorns came with a 2.75-18 front and a 3.00-18 rear. If your stock size is 100/90-18, stick with it, but try the michelins or stick with MRF.

Roxtin said:
Sell your bike save some money and get a cycle Hero/Atlas durable, economical and no pollution :p

But if you really want to throw money on that stupid bike go for Michelin Sirac.

I just can depend on you for advice....
foruamit2004 said:
Me too wanna know the price :)

Will post the rates here when I get them ... will be inquiring this weekend.

So had been to Sterling Honda, Pimpri, Pune. The rough estimate the service advisor gave me was 15k for both the wheels, then he asked me how old was my bike. I said 5 yrs. He said sir better sell this one off and get a new Uni. I thought not a bad idea, then he adds.. sir there is a 6 month waiting period for Unicorn :S Now whatever happens I'm not gonna buy a Honda bike, not coz its not good of anything... Honda's A.S.S. sucks donkey's @$$

@djmykey

I guess you can check out other dealers if you are interested in buying a honda. I don't need to tell you about the quality of the bike as you already experienced it first hand.But yeah the A.S.S is crap as the dealers have got complacent. But what i've heard the old unicorns a bit powerful than the new ones.

Back