Ubiquiti Access Points And Managing Them

Have deployed 7x U6 lite in my (ex) boss house, with gateway pro handling the routing and managing the wifi APs. We wanted to put a switch but could not, due to unavailability, and instead opted for tplink 150w poe

I would suggest to look at omada instead if you have not invested money on ubiquiti. not only cheaper, but more readily available. Deployed in 2 places with controller. More to be done.
you need to set routes and add distance so that once primary isp fails its shifts to secondary soon.

Thats true for all - policies/rules/etc to be done. Routes i had to setup only when doing something like merging MPLS with our leased lines

Last edited:
@vivek.krishnan deployed ubiquiti got all from usa or dubai so cost is minimal.

got udm pro , 3 u7 pro, 3 u6+ , 1 u6LR.
for switch am using the same 150w one from omada.

I would have opted for omada but their router ER605 didnt do failover very efficiently, it was a mess omada was my 1st preference

One thing which I am not able to do is that I Cant run dns over https wanted to use next dns
second am not able to access my ODI sfp webpage need a help in this.

@vivek.krishnan deployed ubiquiti got all from usa or dubai so cost is minimal.

got udm pro , 3 u7 pro, 3 u6+ , 1 u6LR.
for switch am using the same 150w one from omada.

I would have opted for omada but their router ER605 didnt do failover very efficiently, it was a mess omada was my 1st preference

One thing which I am not able to do is that I Cant run dns over https wanted to use next dns
second am not able to access my ODI sfp webpage need a help in this.
isnt mikrotik your router?
its easy to configure secure dns there, nextdns works for me

i can share a config / landscape for you to test, i have a paid sub to nextdns

@babhishek I had mikrotik but I was not able to do a single thing in that without a persons help.

have put mikrotik up for sale in classifieds section.

I already have a paid plan of next dns the problem I am not able to configure it in my udm pro.
help would be appreciated in this.

Back