Linux Ubuntu 6.06 Installation Problem

lazyme

Adept
I downloaded the 64-bit Ubuntu for my AMD64.I have created two Primary partitions 5GB for root and 1 GB swap partition.I booted from the live CD,selected the root and swap partitions but just when installation begins it gives me an error saying "Invalid File System For this Mount Point"
Please help me guys..

Insert Installation CD .........Make an unformatted partion.......ubuntu will automatically look for raw partition

lazyme,
the best way to partition is just to have a c:\ as a primary partition & something like 20 GB free as unformatted. I'm just taking 20 GB as an e.g. although u're free to use as much as u want. Then make 3 partitions, / for root, /home for all your user files & double of your ram for swap. Use the inbuilt installer & partitioner (gparted) to do both. Ubiquity, the Ubuntu installer is broken hence this happens a few times. Try it few times & you'll get lucky. Then do the installation. Let us know how it goes.
I recommend just having one windows primary partition & then linux partitions as the extended partitions can also be done later but GNU partitions need to be setup perfectly.

Back