Ubuntu 6.10

Hello Friends,
I bought the PC WORLD Magazine of this month to got the Ubuntu 6.10 Linux in its DVD.. I have no idea about Linux till date n have never operated it..
but i really want to use Linux n check it out :) can u guys help me out with it... as in how to go about the installation and what to do after its installed....
the DVD says just burn the image n den install it.. no other details ...
your help would be highly appreciated :cool2:

Thanks!

~Sumeet

thanks scarsinme i read ur tutorial... the main problem which i had while installing was that i dont know how to mount n wher to mount heh i was afraid ki kahin windows ka kuch na vanish hojaye :p but now i guess i will install it in vmware n den try to install it in real..

it will b kinda rehearsal :D

yeah buddy,
as josh keeps telling vmware is the best place to leanr to install linux.

Once you are done with that. then u can format a drive, reboot, boot from linux cd and install on that drive you formatted for installation.

Enjoy!

> S.I.M

hey i did it yay!

but over here i selected the format the whole disk option....

can anyone also tell me how to go about by manual partition method...

cos while installin the real thing [i mean in the real hard disk] i obviously wont select format the whole hard disk option... :)

you can do manual partitioning buddy, but the thing is, you need to assign the drive size. check the internet for more info.

While you try to install on ur real hard disk (the way you call it), select one partition and install it there :)

But careful buddy, you could lose data

hehe.. thanks yaar... i installed linux for the first time.. :D or even better.. i saw linux for the first time n installed it all by myself heh:clap: waise my friend told ki SuSE linux is better the new version wala.. 10. sumthing.. so he will b bringing that this saturday.. i will install that too :)

Back