Linux Ubuntu hardy Resolution issue solution

Shrey

Adept
Hardy is the best linux i've installed so far but i had problems first up with the resolution when using Nvidia restricted drivers. And i found it to be quite a widespread issue when i googled around. After having searched for solutions for a day or so, managed to get it fixed

1. I opened Terminal and enter command: sudo displayconfig-gtk
2. Screen and Graphics Preferences window opens on Screen tab I have selected "LCD Panel 1024x768" from Model drop down window
3. On the same window I have selected "1024x768" from Resolution drop down menu and clicked on OK button.
4. Log off from Ubuntu and Log-in again.
5. New resolution has been started in 1024x768 mode and it is working fine.

Hope this helps to anyone out there.

Source

Happy tuxing :D

^ It didn't work for me :S ... Same with Xubuntu as well

and xorg.conf in hardy looked completely different after i installed the drivers, i couldn't add new entries for resolutions because there was no such subsection. Confused the heck out of me, so had to resort to this :p

@shrey: can you tell us what LCD model you have? maybe ubuntu wasnt able to detect the LCD's supported resolution which is why it failed.

I have a CRT :p, and yes it's not able to detect my monitor's supported resolution and hence the issue. It doesn't really matter what you select in the screen and graphics preference window (LCD/CRT), it manages to change the resolution, don't ask me how :p

Back