Linux Ubuntu livecd not booting

Recently I got a new computer
Intel core 2 duo E7500 chipset
and gigabyte s-series GA-G41M-Es2l
Intel G41 express chipset
I inserted the ubuntu 9.10 disc in... and I clicked on livecd option and few seconds latter I got a trace back report ...
what do i do??
is it that my motherboard doesn't support ubuntu or what is wrong
why can't i boot into livecd ???
unfortunately i couldn't go with the recommendations made by fellow mates here due to financial constraints !!
any help regarding this is much appreciated

i see you have also posted on ubuntuforums, good.

can you try setting "acpi=off" in boot paramters (google for how to do that) and/or also see if there is an option in BIOS to "enable ACPI" or some such thing?

can you also try booting in safe mode from the live CD and then paste the output of "dmesg" command here?

I will try that mate ... but as it is my rig isn't bad rite?
Intel E7500 core 2 duo 2.93Ghz
Intel G41 express chipset
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L motherboard
2gb ram
640gb +80gb hdd

yup :) your rig will run fine with linux. if ubuntu 9.10 does not boot you can try latest 10.04 beta1 itself, its quite stable :p

but seriously, if ubuntu 9.10 is causing problems (as it has for many people) check out other distros and my alternate recommendation would be Fedora 12 (GNOME or KDE is up to your choice)... try F12 live CD...

first I will try your 1st suggestion ... then will go to the next (FEDORA !! :) )

yippeeee ubuntu and all the os's work ... just had to make some mild tweaks in the bios and now its all perfect :)
KDE also works ... :) I am happy that the G4 is capable enough to run KDE and Ubuntu with in extra effects settings !! my previous via unichrome was useless :)

I had a computer which was so bad that there were not many open drivers available to run my pc

i had a integrated VIA graphic card on my VIA motherboard.

n VIA has the worst reports as far as Linux drivers are concern.

i'm sure its got to do nothing with the motherboard.

run a diagnostic on safe mood, Or better still u could directly installing by mounting your disk and installing to drive.

Back