Ultimate Gaming RIG

raju.03kumar

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
Infinite

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
NONE

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Samsung 42" LED

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU: i7 980x
gigabyte ud7
thermal take level 10
corsair dominator gt /w cooler 12gb (6*2gb)
logitech g19
razer mamba
silverstone 1500watts
nividia GTX 480 2-way sli :eek:hyeah:
corsair h50
sony bluray writer
asus xonar hdav 1.3

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade within 6 months if something new comes

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
chennai, singapore.. have on issues in imporint for outside

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Nothing jus want outright performance

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Everything

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
HD 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
--I'm bit confused about the slection of sata 3 ssd drive as main storage and secondary Seagate storage.
--And can anyone clarify whether i'll have any bottlenecks with gtx 480 sli in this board and the sata3/usb3 controllers onboard
-- are ther any after market coolers for gtx480 . sli compatible ones.. I read that thermal right is making some. can any help me out in controlling this beast's heat???
--suggest me some dts-ma high end speakers like harmon-kardon,klipsch....

Too much overkill. Not sure if seriously you are looking at this kind of build or just playing around.

If you are serious, then change that single 42" led to 4 30" apple cinematic displays and go crossfire with 5890. Use Eyefinity and make the 4 30" displays into one hyooge wall. That would be amazing.

SSD only for primary storage. Use only 2TB hard drive and set up a NAS bay to store all data. Change thermaltake case to a Lian LI. What about cooling? how are you going to cool the rig

raju.03kumar said:
--I'm bit confused about the slection of sata 3 ssd drive as main storage and secondary Seagate storage.

--And can anyone clarify whether i'll have any bottlenecks with gtx 480 sli in this board and the sata3/usb3 controllers onboard

-- are ther any after market coolers for gtx480 . sli compatible ones.. I read that thermal right is making some. can any help me out in controlling this beast's heat???

--suggest me some dts-ma high end speakers like harmon-kardon,klipsch....
1. What is your confusion? Invest in the best SSD available in the market - OCZ Vertex 2 i.e. And have several 1.5TB drives from Seagate/WD for mass storage.

2. You will not have bottlenecks. Do take a look at the UD9 as well. Might interest you.

3. Watercooling is your best bet to keep the heat levels of these GPUs down. Thermalright has a heatsink - Spitfire for the GTX480 and although you can manage to mount it either way, with an SLI setup there's limited space inside your enclosure and you can't use this heatsink.

4. DTS-MA does not relate to speakers but the receivers which can decode the input signal from a blu-ray player or a PS3 (slim!). I'd suggest you buy a separate AVR and couple it with 5.1 speakers.

Lastly, with an SLI of those 2 cards and a Thermaltake Level 10, you can forget about the ventilation inside the enclosure. Better invest in some full tower enclosure from Lian Li. Phoenix is a dealer in our forums who deals with LL enclosures. PM him.

jinxor said:
Too much overkill. Not sure if seriously you are looking at this kind of build or just playing around.

If you are serious, then change that single 42" led to 4 30" apple cinematic displays and go crossfire with 5890. Use Eyefinity and make the 4 30" displays into one hyooge wall. That would be amazing.

SSD only for primary storage. Use only 2TB hard drive and set up a NAS bay to store all data. Change thermaltake case to a Lian LI. What about cooling? how are you going to cool the rig
Dont feel lik changing display any time soon.. And i don't think its an overkill.... As i'll be doin video editing on tat machine

And bro can u thro some light on nas storage option. Sounds like a great idea... And suggest me a ssd drive

Desecrator said:
1. What is your confusion? Invest in the best SSD available in the market - OCZ Vertex 2 i.e. And have several 1.5TB drives from Seagate/WD for mass storage.
2. You will not have bottlenecks. Do take a look at the UD9 as well. Might interest you.
3. Watercooling is your best bet to keep the heat levels of these GPUs down. Thermalright has a heatsink - Spitfire for the GTX480 and although you can manage to mount it either way, with an SLI setup there's limited space inside your enclosure and you can't use this heatsink.
4. DTS-MA does not relate to speakers but the receivers which can decode the input signal from a blu-ray player or a PS3 (slim!). I'd suggest you buy a separate AVR and couple it with 5.1 speakers.

Lastly, with an SLI of those 2 cards and a Thermaltake Level 10, you can forget about the ventilation inside the enclosure. Better invest in some full tower enclosure from Lian Li. Phoenix is a dealer in our forums who deals with LL enclosures. PM him.
1. Wat abt intel or corsair ssd's????
2. Will i be able to connect ma pci-ex 1x sound card on th ud9???
3. Hmmm ya i kno tat but i really love tat level10 cabby and dont think i'll be confortable doin a water cooling for th gpu.. Tho it has 140mm fan blowin cool air right on head of th card.. Will tat be enuf?
4.can any suggest me speaker nd reciever... I'm bad at acoustics...

Though there are no budget constraints, why GTX480 SLI. There is nothing out there which needs so much power at 1920x1080. They are good cards, but will sit there doing jack. Get a single one for now, sure you will be fine.

raju.03kumar said:
Dont feel lik changing display any time soon.. And i don't think its an overkill.... As i'll be doin video editing on tat machine

And bro can u thro some light on nas storage option. Sounds like a great idea... And suggest me a ssd drive
If you are going to be doing video editing, a samsung led tv isnt a good option. I would suggest to invest in either an Eizo monitor to get the most accurate color representation. I am not quite sure on the availability of the Eizo Monitors in india that is why I recommended the Apple displays

NAS is basically network attached storage. Where you can run a 24x7 data storage solution and you can pull data from it as per required. If I was doing video editing, I would make sure to have multiple backups of the data as I dont want to loose it.

As for NAS, You can pick up an old 2ghz cpu, ram, and a motherboard on the cheap. Outfit it with a gigabit network card and three Seagate 1.5TB SATA drives and you're rockin a beast with samba share on linux capable of storing and streaming obscene amounts of video/audio

Also, have a look at EVGA x58 Classified motherboard (4 way sli), and have a tissue ready for the excessive drooling

jinxor said:
If you are going to be doing video editing, a samsung led tv isnt a good option. I would suggest to invest in either an Eizo monitor to get the most accurate color representation. I am not quite sure on the availability of the Eizo Monitors in india that is why I recommended the Apple displays

NAS is basically network attached storage. Where you can run a 24x7 data storage solution and you can pull data from it as per required. If I was doing video editing, I would make sure to have multiple backups of the data as I dont want to loose it.

As for NAS, You can pick up an old 2ghz cpu, ram, and a motherboard on the cheap. Outfit it with a gigabit network card and three Seagate 1.5TB SATA drives and you're rockin a beast with samba share on linux capable of storing and streaming obscene amounts of video/audio

Also, have a look at EVGA x58 Classified motherboard (4 way sli), and have a tissue ready for the excessive drooling
Hmmm... Will have to think about the apple display... Hv space constrains...

Guess i need to do some research on the nas. Thanks for tat idea bro!!

Does th evga classified have sata3 and usb3.0?? Bcas of my video editing.. Need really fast storage solution..

Back