Budget 21-30k ultra cheap office pc

1. What is your budget?
  • What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  • Dell 1080p monitor
  1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • nmonitor , keyboard and mouse
    1. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
RAm / HDD / CPU/Mobo/cooler / psu / case / ssd

• Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
  • This will be final
  • Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • USA/Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  • Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  • What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • word/ excel / powerpoint
    • Browsing / emails
    • video / images downloads
    • youtube
  • Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No specific preference.
  • If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
  1. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  2. 1920 * 1080
    1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
    1. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
  • Windows 8.1/10 64 bit
using a intel nuc right now 10/11k atom based one i think.. need something for office

only work there is word / excel / powerpoint - emails .. some minimal browsing and email based image/video downloads ... 1tb hdd is the requirement, have mouse/keyboard and monitor (1080p dell)

something thats faster then the current pc . i was thinking of going AMD to save up money.
please help guys

please note - looking for something in a sff case if possible, not a utmost requirement but would be great if we could manage that or a matx case .

30k is quite enough for a good basic work computer u don't need to go amd route or even buy used hardware......

for 30k go with this

1) Cpu -- i3 6100 (8-8.5k) comes with cooler in box
2) Motherboard -- mini-itx h110 or mini-itx b150 or mini-itx h170 don't know what prices would be for mini-itx but if you live in mumbai then go to lamington road u can surely find there ....... if you can't find mini-itx board then get a matx h110 (will cost about 4-5k) or b150 (7-8k)
3) Ram -- get a single stick of 8gb ram 2133mhz if you buy a mini-itx or the matx h110 as they will have 2 ram slots .... u can get 2x4gb 2133mhz if you go with b150 as they have 4 ram slots and integrated graphics also benefit from dual channel ram.
4) Hard drive -- western digital blue 1tb 3.5k
5) power supply -- will you run this pc for continuous 7-8 hours ? u can get a gold rated psu if you want to save up on electricity bill but they will cost more if not then get seasonic eco 430W for 3.5k
6) get a mini-itx case or if you buy a matx board then go with deepcool smarter its quite small case. (2.5-3k)

Why not get an amd if it is indeed cheaper? Any specific reason to stick with an i3?

Why not get an amd if it is indeed cheaper? Any specific reason to stick with an i3?

Amd cpu are not cheaper atleast in india ..... he said powerful than his nuc ..... so i3 is quite better than a atom cpu .... which amd cpu is better than i3 and cost the same "in india" ..... none ..... so i3 is good for multitasking because of hyperthreading and will run for long time before op needs to change the pc and supports newer ddr4 ram, m.2 ssd's and future upgradibility to i5 even an i7.

Last edited:
Dunno about whats currently available in the market, but last time i checked an amd cpu+mobo was at least a few K cheaper than intel. my current pc is a 4 year old am3 fx6300

Dunno about whats currently available in the market, but last time i checked an amd cpu+mobo was at least a few K cheaper than intel. my current pc is a 4 year old am3 fx6300

i3 6100 is lot better than fx-6300 in any scenario and costs same also it doesn't have a integarted gpu so op has to buy gpu also which is not required as i3 integarted gpu is more than enough for what he needs to do ..... yes if someone can find a fx 8 core for 9k that would be good
.... but again u have buy a gpu to run the system ....

If an onboard gpu is needed doesn't amd have APUs? DDR4 support is another matter though...

If an onboard gpu is needed doesn't amd have APUs? DDR4 support is another matter though...

well for normal use like op mentioned a good pocessor is always better yes apu would be great if you are gaming but none apu has the processor as good as i3 yes they have better onboard graphics but that (better onboard graphics) is not needed here .... as hd 530 would be more than enough for normal use.

Last edited:
Are the APUs (or any other amd cpu+mobo combination) cheaper than an i3? If so then it fits the thread title right? There is no question of gaming etc. Just what the cheapest config is. That includes integrated or discrete graphics or whatever...

There is no apu cheaper than i3 6100 .... i don't think op anywhere says cheapest .... his/her budget is 30k ...... on the other hand he/she says better than intel nuc and i3 is quite better than it ..... well if someone wants to go even more cheap then go with skylake pentium it also has onboard graphics costs just 4.5-5k.

Last edited:
As i said, i'm not in touch with the current market, but i find it hard to believe that there is no amd with igp cheaper than an intel. The whole point of buying amd was getting an equivalent to intel for much cheaper. of course in synthetic benchmarks it would be slower for extreme cpu intensive tasks, but it was good enough for most purposes. if an i3 is cheaper than the cheapest amd with igp, then god help them (amd).

we
As i said, i'm not in touch with the current market, but i find it hard to believe that there is no amd with igp cheaper than an intel. The whole point of buying amd was getting an equivalent to intel for much cheaper. of course in synthetic benchmarks it would be slower for extreme cpu intensive tasks, but it was good enough for most purposes. if an i3 is cheaper than the cheapest amd with igp, then god help them (amd).

well that is in US ... amd does not care for Indians ..... there are cheaper apu but anything below a8 would just suck these days ..... hope amd brings some good cpu and with good prices in india so we Indians have a choice rather than to go with just intel.

Last edited:
i'm talking about the past decade and a half i've been buying amd, in india, not US.

And again, you're talking about the cpu not performing as good as intel, and again i point you to the thread title which says "ultra cheap". I'm sure even a 5 year old regular cpu would perform better than an atom.

FFS, i'll just call prime tomorrow and ask swapnil/ashok for the lowest price config currently available. this discussion is going nowhere. Actually it is going somewhere, intel > amd...

Budget -29.4K

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Gigabyte H110M-S2 -4500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -2500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Seasonic S12II 430w -3500,
Samsung 750 Evo 120GB -3500,
Antec GX200 -2700,
Cooler Master Hyper 101 -1200.
Total -29,400.

Buy from primeabgb at lamington road

Really, is it just me that sees the ultra cheap in the title? Or does it mean something else?

An ssd for an office pc? and the stock cooler isn't enough? And it's not like all this can't be added later

yea i was thinking about the am1 based apus when i mentioned amd... the amd board s r cheaper i think 4/5k vs 7-8k of intel. thanks alot for all the configs guys.. ill go through them and see i can get. appreciate all the help and suggestions here.

yea i was thinking about the am1 based apus when i mentioned amd... the amd board s r cheaper i think 4/5k vs 7-8k of intel. thanks alot for all the configs guys.. ill go through them and see i can get. appreciate all the help and suggestions here.

no intel latest h110 motherboard are just 4-5k ...... and if you want to buy the best normal use pc for 30k i3 6100 is the way to go ...... if you want to go even cheaper u can go with pentium g4500 its a dual core 14nm latest skylake cpu with hd 530 integrated graphics , supports latest ddr4 ram or u can also go with amd apu your choice .... if you want to build small form factor pc then amd has very limited choice in mini-itx motherboard ...

as other person suggested above asrock h110 mini is very small don't know what config it comes with but its cabinet is very small so look into that too.

..... but keep in mind to buy a cpu with integrated gpu or u have to buy a cheap gpu also ....

Good Luck building your pc!!

Last edited:
Back