Umax Terminator Cabinet

baasha said:
the cabby looks great but with the PSU mounting on top, i wonder how effective those four top fans are..

adhirk, how does the cabinet perform on the cooling and noise fronts..
congrats on the new rig..
Yep, the PSU fully obstructs one top-back fan and if you install a DVD/CD Drive then another one top-front fan gets blocked. But still there is some space for air to go out through these blocked two fans. So when I checked the air flow, the middle two fans blow a lot of air. However the two blocked fans also blow out some air. I could feel the warm air blowing out of all these fans... :hap2:

The CPU temp is cool at 32-35 idle and 48-52 full load (I am using Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, Room temperature is 30). The left side fan was exhaust fan, I made it reverse to blow air inside the cabby and the GPU temperature reduced from 65 to 52 (which is the same temp I get when I kepp my cabby open). The temp of Northbridge and Southbridge however increased due to this :(

kniwor said:
info on noise???
Well I am kinda immune to external noises. :eek:hyeah: I can hardly notice when an aeroplane flies over my building (staying near the airport) or my neighbor's 1.5 ton AC growling all the time!!! :tongue:
The only noise that is noticable when no plane flies or AC is off is that of the side and back LED fans (whose speed can be controlled and hence noise can be reduced if you wanna watch a nice movie). The top 4 fans hardly contribute to the noise...

Private Ryan said:
Looks pretty good indeed..:D

any idea whether its available without the psu?? I may just need the cabby..;)
Yep, u can get it without the PSU (but it depends on the dealer). The Dealer may reduce the price by 300-500 bucks (depends on ur negotiating skill & luck ;) )

I liked both of them n planin 2 buy a new gaming pc.. but wats da major difference between the 2..??
otha than da colour and slight difference on the top side of the case..

Which shop in lamington road has this again? Plus contact details would be appreciated...
:)

Might buy if there's a simple way to get that stuff that's etched on the side panel off...

EDIT: Crap, that's the actual cut-out. :(
Also, noticed the contact details, thanks...

Back