Android Un-Rooting Android on Galaxy S4?

Hi guys,

I have my Samsung Galaxy S4, and i had my friend root the phone for me a few months ago. I did not find the root useful for me as i am not too much into Android. But now i want to update my phone as it is still on 4.2.2 to the latest update, but when i try to do so it says that : "Your device has been modified, No updates are available". And i am not sure how to get rid of this and restore the phone to default/factory settings for this phone to be updated.

I have unrooted the phone, by using the SuperUser - Fully Unroot feature and the phone is not rooted anymore. But it still doesnt get updated. Attached is a screenshot, can some0ne assist me getting this phone restored and updated as well. I know this wont be an easy task, but any help will be really appreciated! TIA.

Regards,
egoB!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-02-21-20-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-21-20-23.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 132
You can't. I have tried different methods as well, but nothing was successful. So your only option is to download the latest 4.4.2 Indian ROM and flash it via software Odin using a PC. To get the ROM kindly visit www.sammobile.com and hit firmware section and find the latest Indian 4.4.2 ROM. The ROM will be around 1.4 GB in size and the total flashing process will take around 5 minutes.

Maybe that method will work, maybe not, not sure really.

I don't think you will loose any data by flashing a new ROM (I personally never lost anything), but just in case I recommend you to make a backup.

Back