Unable to activate Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Hi All,

I just bought genuine Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. Its 3 user license. I am 3 PCs, all loaded with win 7 64 bit.

I have activated this license in one PC, but I get a strange error in two of my other PCs. The error is:

Necessary resource is unavailable on the activation server

I have also read this:
Activation error. Necessary resource is unavailable on the activation server

(The link which I get there points to here)

I even created a support ticket at kaspersky but did not received any reply yet.

So does anyone have any idea why I am facing this problem.

• no Internet connection on the computer
  • no rule for a Kaspersky Lab’s product is created in the allowing rules of the Firewall installed on the PC
  • incorrect system date is set on your PC

So its understood that you have checked the mentioned conditions or not.

Also is this a fresh install of windows or were you using some other security software earlier..

Yes, I have checked all those points. Still facing problem.

I have also removed all other security software's, as Kaspersky won't setup until and unless I remove those other softwares. I am facing this problem with 2 PCs, so I don't think its anything related to my PC.

turn off the windows firewall... very important you confirm it is off in control panel!! secondly register the activation key online with kaspersky.. they will give you a key file and you can activate with it offline. thirdly make sure you have completely uninstalled all the previous antiviruses.. check registry keys and tcp/ip protocols to confirm..

check system date and time again.. major times it is the case..

Finally check the firewall protocols in the setting of kaspersky.. in application rules see if kaspersky is being allowed access to the internet..

Back