unable to browse internet with phone's wifi hotspot

all4music

Disciple
i have been using my phone's internet connection on my laptop [wifi tethering].
from yesterday morning all of a sudden i am unable to browse internet on my laptop with tethering. but windows messenger [Lync] works flawlessly. this is my office laptop.

also i am able to browse internet on my home's and office' wifi. what could be the issue here. tried couple of solutions explained online but no use :(

i use it on a daily basis [while commuting to office in bus]. can anybody help!?

Usually we don't reboot our office laptops, did you try that? happens with me sometime.. restarting the laptop works for me. I never reboot my office laptop unless some update force me to..

I never reboot my office laptop unless some update force me to..
i tried that.. looks like Symantec Protection is blocking connection on my WiFi hot spot connection [checked the log]. can't change the rule myself. gotta contact IT [for Admin account]. strange thing is it works perfectly with my home Wifi connection.

Check if the WiFi uses No Security/WEP/WPA - sometimes these are blocked.

nope my phone's wifi uses WPA2 security authentication. and magically i am able to use the phone tethered wifi now [currently m on it :) ]. still couldn't make out what was the problem or if some of the steps taken resolved this issue! :)

Back