Unable to configure tplink router in wds mode

kvohra26

Recruit
Hi,
I am trying to connect my jio router (primary router) with tplink archer c6 using wds bridging. Following are the steps that I performed:
1. Enabled wds on tplink and added ssid and password of my router.
2. Disabled dhcp
3. Changed lan config to point to primary router range(192
.168.29.2 to 192.168.29.255). 192.168.29.2

but, it does not connect to the internet after reboot and shows ip address cannot found error

add public dns from google in dns setting of your tplink archer router. I too not able to connect my tplink router other model earlier. but after adding the dns its working fine.

add public dns from google in dns setting of your tplink archer router. I too not able to connect my tplink router other model earlier. but after adding the dns its working fine.
Hi @ajayb74
Thanks for your help. I was able to connect to tplink router and its web management portal but it is still not commected to the internet. Any leads on that? Wds is enabled now but the internet connection is not showing up

Hi @ajayb74
Thanks for your help. I was able to connect to tplink router and its web management portal but it is still not commected to the internet. Any leads on that? Wds is enabled now but the internet connection is not showing up
configure wireless setting on your tplink with Jio SSID and add google public DNS in the setting. Do not change any other setting. Reboot the router and check if you can browse the internet. If not try adding google or any open dns in TCP/IP setting of network card manually.

You need to set the IP of the secondary router outside of primary router DHCP range so in this case you need to change the DHCP range of primary router to 192.168.29.100-192.168.29.255(it is a good practice & also the default setting in commercially available routers to start DHCP range from 100th ip so initial ones are free for situations like these) & then assign 192.168.29.2 to secondary router(tplink archer c6 in this case).
@ajayb74

Back