Unable to connect to the internet - yellow triangle Windows 7

Doofus

Disciple
Hi
I am unable to connect to the internet as i get a yellow traingle with an exclamation mark in the status bar in Wwindows 7. All the lights on my Router are on i.e i am able to connect to the local network.... i even checked all the devices in Device manager and none of them have a yeloow triangle. I tried flushing the DNS and the IPV4
by running CMD as admin and tping the following commands
1)netsh winsock reset
2) NETSH INT IP RESET
IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

Still getting the exclamation mark. Is it a ISP related issue or something's wrong with windows. I tried re-installing the windows 7 also.

This could be because of many reasons. First of all you need to check whether ISP is at fault. Call your ISP and ensure that your modem is on-line. If it is online, then connect the modem directly to your machine, bypassing the router. If you are able to connect to net then there is no problem from ISP side. Next you may need to check if DHCP server is on and your m/c gets IPs allotted to your machine. In that case you may go for a static IP, based on your router model.

But first confirm if your modem is on-line and you are able to connect to net directly through modem (no router).

First you have to tell whether you have a modem or a router .. even brand model number if necessary.

If its a router, h ave you tried logging into router page ? . It will show you the status of internet connectivity . Check if it says connected or not connected ... Your mode of connecting to the internet should be automatic i suppose. You connect to the internet through any dialup process ?

@ OP - can you access the config page on the router and you're unable to connect using Dial Up ? if yes, what's the error message ? Your router must have some basic feature to ( one the router config pages ) diagnose the connection and see if every ne of the passes or not.

Can you bring up the Network and Sharing Center and see where the yellow exclamation mark is? (You can click on the See Full Map link). Also run the Troubleshoot Problems. It works surprisingly well for a Windows diagnostic tool. Has helped me fix problems before.

Capture.PNG

Hi
I am unable to connect to the internet as i get a yellow traingle with an exclamation mark in the status bar in Wwindows 7. All the lights on my Router are on i.e i am able to connect to the local network.... i even checked all the devices in Device manager and none of them have a yeloow triangle. I tried flushing the DNS and the IPV4
by running CMD as admin and tping the following commands
1)netsh winsock reset
2) NETSH INT IP RESET
IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

Still getting the exclamation mark. Is it a ISP related issue or something's wrong with windows. I tried re-installing the windows 7 also.
[DOUBLEPOST=1377255136][/DOUBLEPOST]first of all check your router/modem and scan for viruses, delete cache cookies and internet files and once check your modem cable and reset your home network system,after that restart your system, if it is not working yet than call your ISP sometime you just have bad services...your ISP will surely solve this problem after that regularly do some basic maintenance on your pc.hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back