Unable to load my profile on Win 7

vigilante

Adept
Hi Guys,
When I click on my profile(which is also the admin I believe) in Win 7 on my laptop, I am getting the error 'The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.' Earlier when this had happened, I had just restored my windows to an earlier date using safe mode, but this I can't find even a single restore point :( . What are my options? Any other way I create a new profile? Is there any default admin account which I can access?
The guest profile is working but it has very limited access. I can't access my documents of my original default profile. When I try to do so it asks for an admin password. But I haven't got any password on my default profile, so what password this will be?
Thanks in advance.

Some times user account files are corrupted for no reason. The only option you're left with is to create a new admin account and then copy your last user files, which of course won't be an issue.

Ok, I think you're not able to access the current corrupted account. No issues, you can still gain access to your system with desired level of permissions. For that you'll have to unlock the hidden admin account. Use "offline nt password and registry editor". This tool is normally used for gaining access to system of you've lost password of; and it can even activate/unlock the hidden admin account. It's merely of ~5 mb and can be proceeded by making a bootable media of it.

^
Yeah I think that's what I am looking for. But as I don't have a second machine so making a bootable media might take longer. Any way through the safe mode?
Once this gets sorted that's the first thing I should do. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back