Car & Bike unable to make decision on skoda fabia active, Help Me!

viva1986

Disciple
i am going to buy a new car in jan 2012, and after reading reviews of so much cars finally i decided on skoda fabia active 1.2MPI. but still i am unable to find some of my worries answer on this car.

1. how is the A.S.S of skoda specially in delhi?
in some of the reveiws i came to know that it is bad also the customers have to wait for the part sometimes for the whole month. Is it true?

2. What about regular service, are they costly like 5-10 thousand on each service?

Besides this, My overall budget for the car is upto 4.75lacs including finance and if not skoda then i am thinking on Wagon R, Santro, Beat and Brio. Which of these cars is best for (mostly) city and (sometimes may be ones or twice in a month) highway drive? I love driving thats why i will prefer comfort for most.

Help me Time is near.

Build quality of Fabia is good but that 3 cylinder engine is noisy and lacks refinement... Service interval for Fabia is 15k kms AFAIK and they use fully synthetic engine oil thats why service seems costly...

Among the cars u have shortlisted, Brio is better of the lot... But its waiting period is long one ...

Also Consider Ritz VXI (~4.77L OnRoad Delhi) or i10 Kappa Sportz (~4.86 OnRoad Delhi) - Overdrive Dec11 ...

Shortlist Brio, Ritz and i10 as they offers much better overall package at that pricepoint in terms of space, power and fun to drive factor ...

today i contacted at the showrooms and now a days there is huge discount on skoda cars, so i am going to finalise skoda fabia 1.2L petrol version.

ggt said:
skodas are preferred for their diesels. so if you are going for a petrol better opt for the honda brio.

Honda is not recommended right now. Their Production is shot.

viva1986 said:
today i contacted at the showrooms and now a days there is huge discount on skoda cars, so i am going to finalise skoda fabia 1.2L petrol version.

Just curious, why no Polo?

viva1986 said:

after huge discounts, if you can afford over the roof service charges and if buying a skoda, get a diesel, their petrol mills aint good.

average skoda and VW service charges - atleast 5k to 10k

average maruti/honda service charges - atleast 1.2k to 2k

but remember their first service is on 15000km where as in maruti, hyundai and others it is on 2000, 5000, 10000km respectively so i think both parts are same in terms of service and for diesel version, it is too much costly and there are no discounts on diesel ver.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mjumrani said:
Honda is not recommended right now. Their Production is shot.

Just curious, why no Polo?

i love the looks of fabia than polo.

viva1986 said:
but remember their first service is on 15000km where as in maruti, hyundai and others it is on 2000, 5000, 10000km respectively so i think both parts are same in terms of service and for diesel version, it is too much costly and there are no discounts on diesel ver.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i love the looks of fabia than polo.

In that case its a no-brainer.

skoda's are built like a tank.. congrats.. awesome purchase.. waiting for the pics..
<

Back