Unable to put the keyboard back / Keyboard replacement / - HP Pavilion 15-p077tx Laptop

yogita

Disciple
Product: HP Pavilion 15-P077tx Laptop Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-Bit)
Hello all,

I replaced the keyboard for this laptop and now unable to put the plate back as the plastic locks of the keyboard plate are now open. Pls find below a screenshot for your reference and pls advise the best way to do this. Thank you

Screenshot Link:

https://ibb.co/3d6pTNT

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the youtube link, I also saw this link before taking out the lower panel to replace the keyboard but I am not able to put it back. I am not sure how the guy in the video put the panel back once plastic locks are open. I think he is using fevi quick to stick the panel which I am not sure if I should use or now.

Do you have any idea what HP uses to put the panel back after opening the plastic locks, do they also stick it or use something else? Pls let me know and really appreciate your help

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the youtube link, I also saw this link before taking out the lower panel to replace the keyboard but I am not able to put it back. I am not sure how the guy in the video put the panel back once plastic locks are open. I think he is using fevi quick to stick the panel which I am not sure if I should use or now.

Do you have any idea what HP uses to put the panel back after opening the plastic locks, do they also stick it or use something else? Pls let me know and really appreciate your help

Thank you!
No idea bro.

Hello,

Thank you!
use double sided tape if you broke some locks, do not use fevi quick or other strong adhesive which might give you or a technician trouble later.

use double sided tape if you broke some locks, do not use fevi quick or other strong adhesive which might give you or a technician trouble later.
Hello enthusiast29,

I completely agree with you and this is a good idea, I searched on some double-sided tapes on amazon and they all are very thick. They are heavy duty so I am pretty sure they will be able to hold the weight of the keyboard. I need a slim tape so that the bottom plate can stick closely to the back keyboard panel and the keyboard works fine.

Can you pls suggest some double-sided tapes that can be used for this purpose? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again!

Hello enthusiast29,

I completely agree with you and this is a good idea, I searched on some double-sided tapes on amazon and they all are very thick. They are heavy duty so I am pretty sure they will be able to hold the weight of the keyboard. I need a slim tape so that the bottom plate can stick closely to the back keyboard panel and the keyboard works fine.

Can you pls suggest some double-sided tapes that can be used for this purpose? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again!
3M makes some good tapes. They might have a tape as per your requirement. You need to check their store or any good hardware store in your city or search online.

Hello enthusiast29,

Thank you again!
For the model that you have , read Chapter 3 of HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide -

Direct link - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04402649.pdf

Product support page - https://support.hp.com/in-en/produc...ebook-pc-series/6936226/model/7280165/manuals

As per the manual, the keypad, touchpad and top cover come as a single unit.

So, you need to use some adhesive to stick the keypad back. The guy in youtube video used Fevikwik (at 09:10 time).

3M makes some good tapes. They might have a tape as per your requirement. You need to check their store or any good hardware store in your city or search online.

For the model that you have , read Chapter 3 of HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide -

Direct link - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04402649.pdf

Product support page - https://support.hp.com/in-en/produc...ebook-pc-series/6936226/model/7280165/manuals

As per the manual, the keypad, touchpad and top cover come as a single unit.

So, you need to use some adhesive to stick the keypad back. The guy in youtube video used Fevikwik (at 09:10 time).

Thanks ashokbishnoi,

I tried double-sided tape but due to the thickness of the tape keys were not fitting correctly and were not aligning like they previously were, so I gave it a try and used a glue gun and finally was able to fix it well.

Thank you everyone for helping me with this!

Back