Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Discussion Thread

xXx

Skilled
It would appear that Amazon has once again ousted a game. This time it's Uncharted 3: World of Deceit on Amazon France. We have used the magic of the web to translate the site to English so you don't have to. Is this really Uncharted 3? Only time will tell. However, the name is compelling. I guess the betrayal of "Among Thieves" wasn't enough. It's safe to say we are all chomping at the bit for more info.

Amazon.fr link:
Uncharted 3: Amazon.fr: Jeux vidéo

Source: Uncharted 3: World of Deceit Listed on Amazon.fr - Hooked Gamers

Re: Uncharted 3: World of Deceit ????

It IS fake. With no official announcement made, how can we even accept this title just by the box-art?

Among Thieves follow-up World of Deceit....is sounding right...although ND will announce it on Twitter...:p

^Q4 2011 perhaps considering Uncharted was released in Nov and Uncharted 2 in Oct last year. But there seemed to have been no announcement by fat. Not a teaser trailer either! Nolan North has confirmed that he is reprising his role as Nathan Drake in Uncharted 3.

Time seems to have passed pretty quick! Last year around the same time, I had completed Uncharted 2, after the Diwali holidays! :p

Arne Meyer, Senior Manager of Marketing Communications at Naughty Dog commented that the supposedly leaked subtitle and artwork were "totally fake". It turns out that both the artwork and subtitle were made by a fan (with no affiliation whatsoever to Naughty Dog) for his architecture class, despite many websites having considered his work as official.

Says Wiki.

Naughty Dog Comment On Uc3, PS3 News - GamerZines : Free Digital Games Magazines

:|

The only hope seems to be E3 2011 now. Or perhaps Game Informer might come up with something like last time.

Finally! Uncharted 3 revealed! Drake's Deceoption! :clap:

'Uncharted' exclusive: Your first look at 2011's must-play videogame 'Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception' | PopWatch | EW.com

Teaser trailer:

[youtube]i7MKsyzox_c[/youtube]

Hardly a teaser there. But this is what IGN came up with in their Rewind Theater.

Uncharted 3-Rewind Theater: Debut Teaser Video - IGN

EW said:
The story focuses on the hero’s relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor “Sully†Sullivan, and has him searching for a legendary lost city that will ultimately take him to the Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub’ al Khali Desert, also known as the Empty Quarter.

Uncharted 3 — which aspires to be an “interactive cinematic experience,†says Hennig, marked with character-driven storytelling — will also make more expansive use of motion-capture filmmaking techniques (think: the way James Cameron shot Avatar) that will enhance the quality of character performance. (In fact, Naughty Dog’s new Santa Monica digs includes its own mo-cap studio.) The execs at Naughty Dog walked us through one of the game’s levels, and while we can’t tell you anything about the locale (it actually wasn’t the desert), we can tell you that it was quintessential Uncharted, marked by dynamic camera work and gameplay that requires you to jump and climb through treacherous spaces that are in an almost constant state of change — or in this case, catastrophic collapse. Innovations? Several, including enhanced backward climbing and the ability to fight multiple baddies at once.
I seriously wish I can time warp to December 1 2011. Can't take my eyes off those concept images. Oh yeah the live demo is coming up this Monday, December 13th so watch out! :D

Ethan_Hunt said:
Where do I sign up for a petition to bring Chloe back? :D
Haha perhaps we will have another flirt buddy of his in the new game. Elena is in, for SURE! :p

I never really fancied Elena. Chloe, on the other hand, was :drool2:

I hope this game is relatively longer as opposed to it's previous 2 games.

^Was the other 2 that short? I think it was fairly long - about 12~13 hours tops? Ofc I used to collect all the treasures in the level. And play it a second time on the crushing difficulty - the only other game apart from U1 and U2 where I've bagged a platinum was Heavy Rain. Heh you are not behind the rewards I know. :p

Saw the VGA Debut trailer and Arabian desert seems like a good location for a change. But it's a bloody long wait for the game, nearly a year till it arrives.

^it usually releases in October window. All the previous titles have.

b/w Zombie-like creatures were already there in you-know-which part of the game :p

Back