Car & Bike Unforeseen extension in delivery of car

maxme

Disciple
Hi All,

Just to brief you about the situation.
My dad had booked Swift LXI model on 2nd Sept which has still not delivered. Expected delivery date given to us was 18th October and sales person confirmed that delivery will be given before the end of October, this is when we were booking the car. After that dealer extended the delivery time by 15 days every time we asked him about the car. On top of that, he had given assurance that car will be delivered before December end, now came the news that Maruti Suzuki plant is shutdown for week long period (27th Dec to 3rd Jan). Now dealer has given the letter with apology that delivery will be done before 15 Jan once the plant starts operating again. This letter was provided by dealer after we escalated the issue to Maruti Suzuki. Still I don't have allotment information or engine / chassis no etc. The price hike is also due in Jan which we have to pay if the delivery goes to January.

Two days ago I sent an email to Maruti Suzuki to ask for the compensation against the delay, for which I have not received any reply. I have asked to them to either provide certain amount of accessories free of cost or to provide upgrade to higher model VXI at discounted price.

Can someone suggest next set of actions if I do not receive reply from them?
After the wait of 4.5 months, I am ready to file the complaint in consumer court if required.

Re: Unforeseen extention in delivery of car

Ask him which rate would be applicable (as cars are billed according to the date of Invoice) as from 1st Jan Price for most of cars is increasing by 7%.

I've booked my Ritz on 25th. Most manufacturer's are increasing their prices by 2~3% from Jan. Initially I had paid 5k for booking just like you did, and as for the price of the car, you only have to pay the amount you were quoted on the day of booking. Imagine, if the price of the car goes up by a lakh from the time of booking to time of delivery, you expect people to pay that much? :bleh:
Don't worry, you pay as much as you were quoted at the time of booking. Hope you got the booking/invoice thing(I got a green paper) which clearly states the price of the car, booking amount, and the balance amount to be paid. Maruti generally refunds the entire amount without deducting anything if you cancel your booking. You can do so because of the delay, but I'd advice against it coz car prices are going up and so are the interest rates for loans(SBI from 8~% to 10~11% on the first year!)

I have the invoice given when my dad inquired about the car with all the pricing details. But at the time of booking, only receipt has been provided of the booking amount.

Another question, do you have letter where document which mentions expected date of delivery?

I am planning to file a consumer complaint against the dealer and Maruti Suzuki (coz I dont know who is responsible for the delay), if they are not providing any compensation for the delay.
And I am entitled to compensation because dealer told us that car will be delivered before the end of October and even after 4 months we are still waiting for the car.

>>(as cars are billed according to the date of Invoice)

I doubt it, as Swift case is different from Ritz. There is no waiting time involved in Ritz.

I remember reading somewhere in T&C that rates at the time of delivery will be applicable. Obviously if you have proper invoice they can not charge you more than that, but with just booking amt receipt, things can go differently.

I suggest you to first try to resolve it at dealer end,

At least send them some mails(with you having a copy), before filing a case, they will come handy in such situations.

The person who booked my car said that its standard Maruti policy to fill in 2~3 months as waiting duration in the invoice form. But if its readily available they'll fill it in accordingly. The Ritz was in transit and would take only 3 days, but he filled in waiting time as 2~3 months. Why don't u try another dealership and book the car right away(TODAY!) before the price rise? You can always get ur booking money back anytime.

:mad:Do one thing, get hold of a lawer and send a court order to both Dealer and Maruti Suzuki. :hap2:

Booking the car with another dealer is out of question right now, again the waiting period start from zero.

I will talk to the dealer regarding this price hike thing.

I had sent an email to Maruti Suzuki for compensation two days ago. They haven't replied.

I am sending another email today. If I do not get the reply this time, it's court order for them.

ya adi_vastava is right..... Price at the time of delivery is applicable..... File a complaint against the dealer and then send him a copy of it......

@Tech_enthu

How did you get it? Diesel has more waiting then petrol. What is the color of the car?

Just gone through T&C given behind the pricing document I have.

The first sentence is "Price is subject to change without prior notice and will be applicable at the time of delivery."

Sending email to Maruti Suzuki tomorrow to ask for another letter to confirm that price hike will not be applicable to us as the delivery is delayed from their side.

I am really getting annoyed by this emails to and fro. I will try meet someone at their regional office to set this matter straight.

sathyanaidu said:
as for the price of the car, you only have to pay the amount you were quoted on the day of booking. Imagine, if the price of the car goes up by a lakh from the time of booking to time of delivery, you expect people to pay that much? :bleh:
Yes You Pay ;) The Price which you pay is the Invoice Price on which Dealer got the car from Manufacturer.

Back