Audio UniqueMelody: Miracle - Initial Impressions

strategy

Skilled
So, I present the UniqueMelody Miracle. which i received just yesterday.

I'll let the pics do the talking (first) :)

dsc01848c.jpg

dsc01843u.jpg

dsc01851x.jpg
dsc01852i.jpg

Initial Impressions ( these are initial impressions, after hearing them for about 25Hrs, so might not be very accurate.)
Gear Used : Acer Ferrari (Foobar as media player) , Maverick Audio D1 DAC/amp, Hifiman HM602, Nationite Sflo2.

Build :

IEM housing : These are my first custom IEMs, SO i cant not compare with others. But quality wise the Shell is superb, its light, feels sturdy, there re no imperfection in the mold(bubbles or thickness), and clean reflections on the surface. I expected it to be heavier as it houses 6 drivers ( i checked :p), but its somewhat light!

Artwork :

dsc01844jw.jpg

I paid no extra charges for the artwork, around the world people are being charged $50 for artwork. I wanted the old batman logo to be etched on Black (translucent ) faceplate, i gave them high res. pic ( they asked for it ), But the artwork itched looks good from a distance, a layer of acrylic has been applied on the artwork so that it does not get pealed off. but on a closer look i can see imperfections. Still, it does not look bad. so i am fine with it.

Cable ( and Microphonics ) : The cable is black, light and Manageable. its very good and at the housing end memory sleeving is provided. I don't know whats wrong with me, i tend to hear Mircophonics with every cable, so its here as well, but its the least that i have heard till date.

Packaging
:

dsc01850l.jpg

Miracle comes with:

1. Big box (red in color)

2. Instruction manual

3. Warranty/owners card ( Great looking Stainless steel one )

4. Cleaning tool.

5. Frequency response chart ( of my miracle Sr. No. 2xxx)

Now there is noting special about the box its OK ( and i dont like its color ), Moreover when they sent the box to India (to amarbir ) they sent the box in just a polythene bag. so the opening mechanism was broken (opening mech.) when it arrived, i tore the velvet and fixed it .I would have asked for another one, if it looked good but even if they send me another one its no use, cause its not practical or does not look very good. My TF10's case should do.

Fit: It took 1 min to insert them in to my ears. right ear was OK but i felt a little pinch on the left ear-canal (DAMN), After an hour or so, it was subsided. Isolation wise i think i am getting -20dB isolation, i though the isolation would be more but i am not getting much isolation.
Sound : this is what i paid for

I started with the best DAP that i had, i did not get the "wow" effect with the miracle, Yeah. I concentrated HARD. Frequency response was great, Soundstage and imaging was great . but no " WOW" :(. I listened to them for around 2 Hours. then i decided to listen to the AKG K702 ,.... "WOW" now i get the WOW effect with my miracle. the AKG Sounded OK-ish in comparison. The AKG Down and inserted the miracle again.

Imaging of the Miracle is special, i can pinpoint every instrument's position every sound comes from different position and distance. The soundstage extends Wide and Deep ( backwards, and height-wise ) This is what i felt with LCD-02, at titana's place . the soundtage and imaging are comparable to LCD 2, yes they are !! TO give a comparison i get the around the same space with FX700 but i dont get this imaging with them.

I consider the timbre benchmark to be LCD-02 , but while the Mid-low based instruments like "tabla", saxophone, guitars, sitars, sound almost as good on Miracle, the high pitched instruments have a lot better timbre on the Miracle as compared to the LCD2.I can say timbre with the miracle is very realistic. I have never heard this realistic reproduction cymbals and metallic instruments ever before. cause the LCD -2 cause of its somewhat laid back treble failed to produce this good timbre overall. To give you an example, if i hear a nicely recorded explosion sound on miracle i Will JUMP-off! every time

Frequency response
:

dsc01853m.jpg
(if you cant see the image Click Here)

Overall the Miracle are transparent revealing IEMs. they sound what ever DAC/amp you use with them. With HM602 they sounded Sweet slightly warm, with Sflo They sounded Slightly warm. With D1 they the bass is slightly more with rolled off treble. With they respond to every equalization i do. I can make them sound like TF10, i can make them sound like RE262.

The miracle's low end extends Deep, ( probably deeper than FX700), is very quick and never looses control. Its never prominent but Hits Hard when need be.

Mids are engaging , and the clarity i get is astounding. what ever genre i listen , i can listen to every detail (to my abilities) , i never hear this clean sound with any o my IEMs / Headphones. Mids are highlight of Miracle, but are not forward or worm, Just clean revealing , true to the recording , Realistic.

Treble is also not bright neither warm, not laid back or forward . Always in control, Detailed . The treble has energy that bright Gears have But certainly not bright , Sparkle is there when present in the recording , Sibilance IS there if present in recording, not otherwise.

Santana's "Oye Como Va" : with Miracle, instruments realistic and i close my eyes to actuly be there.

Lynyrd Skynyrd's Live "free Bird" : the Piano at the start is very realistic, great revervb. Grabs you never lets you go till the final Drum-guitar solo ends. Every detail is exclusively presented in the solo. this song shows how balanced the Miracles are really are, you here the sparkle in the cymbals , the Rumbling Drums, and The never ending guitar solo just sweet.

Black Sabath's "war Pigs" : The unique voice of Ozzy Osbourne and the drums are acuraty reproduced

Nusrat Fateh ali Khan's "Tere bin Naheen Lagda dil" : Timbre of Miracle and Superb recording that i have Here with me, ensure that every instrument is realistically produced, in fact indian subcontinental instruments if realistically reproduced really dont let the listener leave , i tend to listen to the same song atleast twice.

HXX TXXX Dilli (sensored because its illegal to hear to this song, in india, i dont understand Punjabi , i just love this song ) , Vocal performance of this song is extremely unique to me, the high pitched vocals and the background electronic bass Both.

I heard Michael Jackson , Eminem, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis , Diana Krall, Metallica, BOB Dylan, Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam, etc. all sounds awesome true to the recording !

Jazz, Electronica, Metal, Rock ,bollywood, Punjabi, Sufi,country, classical, eic. its meant for every genre. cause it has Punch in bass, the energy in treble and the Sweetness in mids that every one is looking for.

Amplification : Now, this is where i found myself lacking , cause with every device they sounded different and amazing, Sensitivity wise they are a little less sensitive than FX700 can be driven by any source, but as you upgrade the source, you will get to hear what the device has to offer. Dont get me wrong , with my laptop, the sound stage was wide-deep, imaging was very good , the energy in treble was there , mids were sweet, but when i changed to HM602/Sflo i could notice a good difference. So the source Does Matter, and so does amping

My miracle purchase has initiated another idea of purchase , a very very good DAC.

Finally i dont see why not to go for UM miracle, it has Great Frequency response , great imaging and Soundstage and Superb Timbre. If you have money and are OK with the upgrades this will initiate , go buy (er..order) this thing does nothing wrong !

Comparisons :

I 'll use the much popular and practical ratio system (Miracle : XYZ)

1.Timbre miracle:Fx700 :: 1.4 : 1, yeah i know it sounds insane, FX700 is praised as very good at timbre. But cause of Miracle awesome control and accurate Frequency response, the timbre is very realistic. when i hear some one clap, Oh! when i hear a cybal, Darn!! 40% better it is. MIracle : LCD2 :: 1.1 cause miracle wins hands down in highs(by large margin) , falls a little short in mids and lows.

2.Imaging : miracle:Re262 :: 2:1, Imaging with MIRACLE IS SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE HEARD TO BE BELIEVED.

3. Soundstage, v/s RE262 (1.2x1.8x1.5), v/s FX700::(1.1:1.7:1.3) , The sound stage is 3D in every sense of the word !, Very few gears portray height to this extent, i only have heard LCD-2 other than this that does it.Remember combined with the Superb imaging the Soundstage is truly amazing , Not the (WxHxD) the the leaner distribution of instruments in space is what makes its soundstage special, v/s : LCD2 :: 0.8:0.9:0.9 ( well its a Headphone afterall)

4.Bass Extension, miracle:Fx700 : bah cant rate it , the miracle extends all the way, and a flat line, No bump or dip any where, Bass is PERFECT ( perfectness redefined, No-longer are FX700 and TF10 perfect) IMpact : , NO-RATING, The miracles hit HARD when need be, its a natural representation , IF the Music demands that, your eardrums feel the pain, they make them do, nothing more nothing less. Due to the Slower Decay of FX700, it looses lot of points , but the decay of Miracle is just perfect. it reproduces every note, and accurately.

5.Treble : miracle:FX700 :: 1.2, you get every detail you can with miracle.( of course that i can hear), its not as bright as the FX700, but certainly has( even a little more) the energy and excitement that FX700 has.

SO this it Top tier! Thanks to amarbir for bringing Unique melody to India

I will post a complete review after a months listen

image problem Fixed

..will update the Sig.

@anubhav, Hay you want to break my customs , by trying them to insert them in your ears. :annoyed:

Very good impressions, strategy!

My wallet is controlled. Must resist...and I will for sometime because of the huge investment involved.

When you have time (or in your review later on), can you post your impressions on A/B of....

1. Timbre: FX700 vs Miracle?
  2. Imaging: RE-262 vs Miracle?
  3. Sound stage size (W x H x D): vs RE-262 and vs FX700?
  4. Bass Extension, Impact: Vs FX700
  5. Treble: Vs FX700

Congrats!

Customs are awesome, aren't they? You can't even put them in the same level as universals IMO, they're so much better.. even the entry level customs.

Also, when inserting into other people's ears, don't push it too deep, just make sure it manages to rest in their ears.. others can have a decent audition, but the seal won't be there. But they should be able to get an idea of how they sound.. sort of.

And as they say, you don't know what you are missing till its really gone. Don't worry, every time you put these on, they'll drag you into the music.. that's what happens to me. Whenever I put on my JH5, its extremely hard to concentrate & think about anything else, other than the music.. :D

And yes, a good DAC + Amp is a must. The difference between my laptop, laptop + Protector, and laptop + Gamma-2 + Protector is easily noticeable.

I suggest getting a very good Portable amp, or a portable amp + dac. IMO, a good portable AMP is more important than the DAC, since you can use it with your other sources like S:Flo etc.

P51, Alo RX, etc are good places to start. Protector is amazing VFM, the RS-71B is a tad bit expensive. Also, I got my Protector 2nd hand for $400 instead of $475. The only downside with these two beasts is the requirement of a new cable as well.

Thanks Haraakiri, titana , santosh, superfrag

YEah this is brain burn in , i am liking them more my the second.

esanthosh said:
Very good impressions, strategy!

My wallet is controlled. Must resist...and I will for sometime because of the huge investment involved.

When you have time (or in your review later on), can you post your impressions on A/B of....

1. Timbre: FX700 vs Miracle?
  2. Imaging: RE-262 vs Miracle?
  3. Sound stage size (W x H x D): vs RE-262 and vs FX700?
  4. Bass Extension, Impact: Vs FX700
  5. Treble: Vs FX700
I 'll use the much popular and practical ratio system (Miracle : XYZ)

1.Timbre miracle:Fx700 :: 1.4 : 1, yeah i know it sounds insane, FX700 is praised as very good at timbre. But cause of Miracle awesome control and accurate Frequency response, the timbre is very realistic. when i hear some one clap, Oh! when i hear a cybal, Darn!! 40% better it is. MIracle : LCD2 :: 1.1 cause miracle wins hands down in highs(by large margin) , falls a little short in mids and lows.

2.Imaging : miracle:Re262 :: 2:1, Imaging with MIRACLE IS SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE HEARD TO BE BELIEVED.

3. Soundstage, v/s RE262 (1.2x1.8x1.5), v/s FX700::(1.1:1.7:1.3) , The sound stage is 3D in every sense of the word !, Very few gears portray height to this extent, i only have heard LCD-2 other than this that does it.Remember combined with the Superb imaging the Soundstage is truly amazing , Not the (WxHxD) the the leaner distribution of instruments in space is what makes its soundstage special, v/s : LCD2 :: 0.8:0.9:0.9 ( well its a Headphone afterall)

4.Bass Extension, miracle:Fx700 : bah cant rate it , the miracle extends all the way, and a flat line, No bump or dip any where, Bass is PERFECT ( perfectness redefined, No-longer are FX700 and TF10 perfect) IMpact : , NO-RATING, The miracles hit HARD when need be, its a natural representation , IF the Music demands that, your eardrums feel the pain, they make them do, nothing more nothing less. Due to the Slower Decay of FX700, it looses lot of points , but the decay of Miracle is just perfect. it reproduces every note, and accurately.

5.Treble : miracle:FX700 :: 1.2, you get every detail you can with miracle.( of course that i can hear), its not as bright as the FX700, but certainly has( even a little more) the energy and excitement that FX700 has.

Dont take me as a easy score guy , in treble bass, and mids the score will be around 1.2:1-1.3:1 only . But your questions were specifically Soundstage, timber , imaging, the Three things that i are all in new level in TOp-tiers like LCD-2, HD800, Miracle, JH13 ( lol i have only heard 2 of those , thi is just an example.)

Also I dont have a proper DAC AMP for them so the scores will change with time.

EDITED the OP with comparisons

Superfrag said:
Congrats!

Customs are awesome, aren't they? You can't even put them in the same level as universals IMO, they're so much better.. even the entry level customs.

Also, when inserting into other people's ears, don't push it too deep, just make sure it manages to rest in their ears.. others can have a decent audition, but the seal won't be there. But they should be able to get an idea of how they sound.. sort of.

And as they say, you don't know what you are missing till its really gone. Don't worry, every time you put these on, they'll drag you into the music.. that's what happens to me. Whenever I put on my JH5, its extremely hard to concentrate & think about anything else, other than the music.. :D

And yes, a good DAC + Amp is a must. The difference between my laptop, laptop + Protector, and laptop + Gamma-2 + Protector is easily noticeable.

I suggest getting a very good Portable amp, or a portable amp + dac. IMO, a good portable AMP is more important than the DAC, since you can use it with your other sources like S:Flo etc.

P51, Alo RX, etc are good places to start. Protector is amazing VFM, the RS-71B is a tad bit expensive. Also, I got my Protector 2nd hand for $400 instead of $475. The only downside with these two beasts is the requirement of a new cable as well.
I will be getting an Awesome desktop DAC+amp after 3-4 months ( it might involve you as well :p ), nut my current Purchases have made me a bankrupt

I will get a portable amp after i get that desktop amp .

Dude this is crazy awesome. I wish I had that kind of money to spend. I'll surely want to listen to these (I've never even seen these things in real :p)

Congrats !!!!

BTW whats the damage ?

Thanks guys ! ,

sushant this is just great if you really like Neutral presentation ! THIS IS TEH SHIT!!

DAmage would be a 41K :ashamed:

Excellent impressions thread. Just droolworthy.

Had to say this since no one has so far: The batman logo on these look very kitsch :-D

Thanks gryph0n !

It would have been even better if they had itched the logo as good as i the Pic i gave them. still it looks good so i cant complain much ! :)

Sushant, heart attack ! YOu are invited! :p

the sound is what matters, and i am loving it ! i just need to get a good DAC thats all! :p

He is selling them at the MRP (same as the international price) , other indian dealers are not , He must dig gold , he deserves it.

BTW i am envious of him too, he has soo many good gears, i want to hear :p

Hay, i did not know that reputation system existed Here, it seems i got reputations (and infractions :p ) earlier also, but did not notice it, today i did, if i had known earlier, i would have given rep. too, sorry santosh! you deserve them most.

thanks for the rep guys ! :D

strategy said:
I will be getting an Awesome desktop DAC+amp after 3-4 months ( it might involve you as well :p ), nut my current Purchases have made me a bankrupt
I will get a portable amp after i get that desktop amp .
Which one do you have in mind?

IMO, you should sell all your gear except the Miracle, and get a great portable setup. You're set then. lol.

I'm still deciding between the JH16 & the Miracle, but I do have quite some time to go before buying either one of them.

Back