Android Unknown apps pop up

sky

Disciple
Hi guys,

I got my new phone few days back. I recently observed that there are some unknown apps which pop up and prompt to install. I ignored them for time being but now I see list of 5-6 such apps like (DU battery saver, Baidu browser, UC browser, DU speed booster etc).

I get a pop up message saying there are apps which were downloaded and waiting for install, but I haven't downloaded them. I cannot get rid of them even if I click on cancel in the app info window.

Is there any way to get rid of them permanently?

Hi, I installed ES explorer from play store, rest other from SD card apk files.

Will try to install AVG antivirus.

^^ I did that today morning and installed antivirus and other apps later. Hope things goes well.

@xtremevicky if they are add on then when I click on cancel they should disappear, however, they were appearing in top bar permanently

yes, I tried that too and it is showing the apps which I installed. Is there any way to keep the main app and remove that add on/pop up.

Does this (Moto G 2nd gen) have OTG support? It was not mentioned in product description.

Last edited:
yes, I tried that too and it is showing the apps which I installed. Is there any way to keep the main app and remove that add on/pop up.

Does this (Moto G 2nd gen) have OTG support? It was not mentioned in product description.
From what you say it seems one of the apps you installed sd-card is causing this. This defienitely points to a malware or some sort of modification to the app. It is best to uninstall the app it is pointing to. and it is also best if you can install apps only from playstore.

If you are side-loading apk from sd-card, there is no gurantee that it is safe. By doing this, you are taking a risk.

Back