CPU/Mobo Unknown PC Problems

Apex

Skilled
Help!! Help!!

Wait..lemme tell the problem first.

Yesterday nite, I opened up my cabinet to clean the dust. After I closed it, I was unable to start up the PC. On pressing the power button of my cabinet, the LEDs go on and off..the fans rotate and stop. no further activity. I opened the cabinet again and re-checked the wires and connection for power, reset, LED cables. The PC started properly after that and was able to use my PC. Today morning when I tried to start up my PC, the same problem again. The PC is not booting..I cant even see the BIOS. When I press the power button, the cabinet LEDs glow up and go off in a second. The fans rotate for a second and stop. I dunno wats the problem...Is it that the cabinet wires are faulty, or SMPS, or MOBO ???? Btw, the green LED in the mobo glows as usual.

Kindly help me out. Show me the way

Remove the power and reset jumpers that are attached on your motherboard. The same problem happened to me as well. I guess either the power or reset jumpers are faulty. After you remove them, you'll have to short the pins on the motherboard with a screw driver in order to start your machine.

I haven't had my buttons fixed yet, so I still have to do this everyday! But I'm sure this will work for you.

check for the CPU fan...in my sis's mobo, when using the Coolermaster Aero 7, the fan wires got screwed, fan was rotating at just 500RPM..same happened..starts normal, shuts down in seconds...

when i used the stock HSF, it was fine. so i suggest u check the CPU fan cable.

Last week I had the same thing happen to me - for 2 hours I could not figure out why I had the same symptoms as Quickfire's system and then when I was going to dismantle the computer once again I noticed that I had forgotten to plug in the darn sqaure 4 pin 12v connector into the mobo's socket !!! :mad:

yep checked all SMPS connectors and other wires this morning..everything was okay.

this afternoon, i decided to re-assemble my PC coz i was unable to get any clue.

its funny but all i did was turn the SMPS power switch off once and then on again. The PC is working okay now :S I dunno but seems like a PSU problem to me though the MBM voltage readings on normal load looks okay.

Core 0 - 1.35V

Core 1 - 1.46V

+3.3 - 3.25V

+5.00 - 5.15V

+12.00 - 11.91V

I used to have this probem before.... the problem would be solved if i remove all wires like smps power, keyboard mouse and all... and connect them firmly.... connecting them again solved the issue for me...

I suggest removing the RAM sticks,cleaning the slots and then inserting it back again.

Check if all the front panel connectors are connected properly.

Also try resetting CMOS.

Hey the SAME thing happened to me last week! Turns out i didnt plug in the power cables properly. Do check that out mate!

Exactly the same thing happened to me too last week :O..had to disconnect all cooling fans and one HDD to get the PC started again...it has to be a PSU prob.

this problem of mine is getting weird :p

when i try to start the pc in the morning, it wont start

but in the afternoon, it boots properly and okay

maybe its taking time warming up ;)

anyways, me getting a new powersafe 400W PSU frm darky

hopefully, it will solve the problem.

Quick if the prob re-occurs, try with another PSU. But I think its a mobo issue if its under warranty get it serviced if not ask for Deejay's advise. My friend had the same prob some capacitors had to be replaced.

Back