Android Unlimited call log - not possible?

Din

Disciple
I read somewhere that the call log in Android phone (Google Dialer) is limited to 500. Redmi dialer had unlimited call log option as far as I remember, but they bundle only Google dialer now, isn't it?

Anyway to enable it without using any third party app/rooting? Basically, want to keep the log unlimited or at least a much higher value than 500.

Phone is Redmi Note 10 Pro - if that matters.

I could be completely wrong but I think the actual log isn't deleted. It's just Google dialer doesn't show all of it. Again I could be wrong. One way to make sure if that's true is to install sms backup & restore app . It's a little tool that can take backup of call log and sms. See if it can see the whole call log. It's a necessary tool either way as google/android is incapable of backing up call log and sms for you.

Truecaller keeps the whole thing in its memory. Not a perfect solution but it's a workaround.

@lockhrt999 WOW! That is cool. Never knew. I already have that backup app, ran it now and I see about 24,000 entries! Thanks a lot, can confirm that phone has log but Google dialer display only recent ones. Number is displayed, not the contact name. Might be some settings or permission.

Guess I have to check this log instead of dialer log when in need.

Back