iOS Unlock/Jailbreak for iPhone 5.

Hey guys,

I have a friend in my office here who is planning to buy an iPhone 5 from UK and he plans to buy a locked phone most probably a TMobile. So the question that stands in front of him is if it is possible to unlock the phone in India? I know it depends on the firmware and wanted to know which is the last firmware which is available and can be unlocked/jailbroken? He is getting the phone for 25k which i suppose is not a bad deal at all. So if someone could please educate me of the questions asked above. Thanks.

Regards,
egoB!

iPhone 5 unlock is only factory unlock and not any sim based unlock.
As far as I know,Uk iPhones are costly to unlock.
Research well before buying into one.

Hey guys,

I have a friend in my office here who is planning to buy an iPhone 5 from UK and he plans to buy a locked phone most probably a TMobile. So the question that stands in front of him is if it is possible to unlock the phone in India? I know it depends on the firmware and wanted to know which is the last firmware which is available and can be unlocked/jailbroken? He is getting the phone for 25k which i suppose is not a bad deal at all. So if someone could please educate me of the questions asked above. Thanks.

Regards,
egoB!
unlocking iphone 5 will take some time.. some issus going with unlocker company mostly.... purchase it from us becoz ll cost less and even locking ll be cheaper then the uk iphone's,,,

It's not about popularity.
It's about source who unlocks.
And usually the source is insider mole as iPhone unlock means entering the serial no. in white list of apple unlock server.

@egobrain.exe

As everyone here suggested, i would also say that your friend should not buy the UK service provider Locked phone. Get it from US or better from India. It will be costly to unlock UK carrier locked phones compared to US.
To give you an example, to unlock a softbank Japan locked iPhone 4, one has to pay like 188$ on ebay. Yeah that costly. Contrary to that, AT&T unlocking costs less than 5$ in most cases.
Also since it is getting the phone factory unlocked / IMEI Unlocked, the firmware and all does not matter.

Now coming to jailbreak, if the phone is on iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 then your friend is out of luck. No jailbreak available for these versions of iOS. If he buy a brand new phone, there is almost 100% chance he will get iOS 6.1.4 on iPhone 5, if used then one needs to ask the seller about the iOS version.

Last edited by a moderator:
@egobrain.exe

As everyone here suggested, i would also say that your friend should not buy the UK service provider Locked phone. Get it from US or better from India. It will be costly to unlock UK carrier locked phones compared to US.
To give you an example, to unlock a softbank Japan locked iPhone 4, one has to pay like 188$ on ebay. Yeah that costly. Contrary to that, AT&T unlocking costs less than 5$ in most cases.
Also since it is getting the phone factory unlocked / IMEI Unlocked, the firmware and all does not matter.

Now coming to jailbreak, if the phone is on iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 then your friend is out of luck. No jailbreak available for these versions of iOS. If he buy a brand new phone, there is almost 100% chance he will get iOS 6.1.4 on iPhone 5, if used then one needs to ask the seller about the iOS version.

Thank you for this. This gives me the clear picture! Anyways, ill ask him to get an android for himself as he has source only in UK. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back