Unlocked GSM phone - USA?

DarkAngel

Skilled
My cousin's phone conked off and he needs a new phone now.

He has been using his old phone that he had taken from India with T-mobile prepaid. As he would not been staying for more than 1.2 years i guess contract phones are out of question.

I was not sure where to get good unlocked phones in USA. Can someone recommend a good website to get some nice deals on unlocked GSM phones in USA.

His budget is max $200.

I have recommended him the Nokia 5230 as i was not able to find any other good deals in the web.

Nokia 5230 Nuron

Please help me out with some links :) Would love to get some low end bada based wave with wi-fi. TIA.

P.S: Amazon prices seems to be slightly on the higher side. Can we get a better choice of phones for cheaper price?

I too just came across the monte. looks a decent deal :) Main preference for touch phone. The low end wave is unfortunately priced very highly :(

How is the star wifi for $150? Is it still a good buy.

Need quad band phones that should work in India too.

DarkAngel said:
I too just came across the monte. looks a decent deal :) Main preference for touch phone. The low end wave is unfortunately priced very highly :(

How is the star wifi for $150? Is it still a good buy.

Need quad band phones that should work in India too.

ya star wifi will be good too but I think in that budget E5 would be best buy because it retails here for around 11k

Seems he doesnt need wi-fi and 3G based unlocked 5230 is good enough for him. He even ordered it 2 mins back. thread fail i guess :p

Thanks for the fast response and links guys :)

whatsinaname said:
Best place for unlocked phones in the US is ebay. Should be reasonably safe buying from a powerseller/seller with high feedback.

Another good place is Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more (Unlocked 5230 is 150$ on there.)
thanks :) The T-mobile offering too seems unlocked and he has ordered it from their site.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

techno_guy said:
but in that price 5230 is a very good buy
Yup. It even comes with a 4GB card for $130 ;) Hope it comes with good carrier Firmware.

since t-mobile forgot to send the micro usb cable along they are giving him a $35 credit :O Wish something like this happens to me ;) I asked him to get a $0.82 generic microusb cable from amazon. :p

DarkAngel said:
since t-mobile forgot to send the micro usb cable along they are giving him a $35 credit :O Wish something like this happens to me ;) I asked him to get a $0.82 generic microusb cable from amazon. :p

wow suberb then it would have cost him only around 4500 INR

Back