Unlocked iphone 4, 4S from Apple online store (U.S.)

aproxymate

Adept
Not sure if it is a deal but it will be good news for a lot of folks importing the iphone from US. Factory unlocked iphones (4 and 4s) are now officially sold by apple on their website.

4 - from $540 or INR 26,659.03 (http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD128LL/A?cppart=UNLOCKED%2FUS)

4S - from $650 or INR 32,090.69 (http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD237LL/A?cppart=UNLOCKED%2FUS)

The iphone 4 was previously for $650 unlocked. AFAIK, this is lowest price online (compared to trusted sources such as amazon).

Not sure if it is a deal but it will be good news for a lot of folks importing the iphone from US. Factory unlocked iphones (4 and 4s) are now officially sold by apple on their website.

4 - from $540 or INR 26,659.03 (http://store.apple.c...t=UNLOCKED%2FUS)

4S - from $650 or INR 32,090.69 (http://store.apple.c...t=UNLOCKED%2FUS)

The iphone 4 was previously for $650 unlocked. AFAIK, this is lowest price online (compared to trusted sources such as amazon).

They don't ship to SNS address or accept Indian CC.

FAIL!!!

They don't ship to SNS address or accept Indian CC.

FAIL!!!

Wow mate you found that out finally! Brilliant! I never knew other retailers shipped phones to India. This thread is for people ordering their phones via friends/relatives. Please use some common-sense before entering cc details.

I bought iphone4 through a friend in US and it is on bb 04.11.08 and not activated..someopne told me to use redsnow

0.9.10b5 to activate it..i will try it today.

Ok. Considering what you posted...

This thread is an utter waste of time and space on the servers.

Why? Because this is something everyone knows and has known for a very long time.

Brilliant job in posting the link to the Apple US website, the first place anyone on earth would go to if they wanted to buy an iPhone 4/4S from US and thank you for converting USD to INR.

Maybe you did not notice the hundreds' of threads which already exist about Apple iPhone, especially this one

#mjumrani let me address your post in bullet points so nothing is left unanswered.
  • I really didn't think one thread would lower server performance. Huh.
  • Known for a long time? Really? In the US, Apple only sell their iphones unlocked once they are out with the networks for a few months. And AFAIK this started only with the iphone 4.
  • Conversion to INR was done to facilitate people interested in ordering via their friends or relatives. It's a known fact that most people get their stuff this way rather than ordering online and thus incurring taxes/duties.
  • Hundreds of threads exist regarding the iphone but not regarding what this thread is about. Can you see the difference?

Your thread s about the most generic points about the iPhone, which does not require a thread. It has been discussed thousands of times if not more.

It promotes the fact that starting a thread for no logical reason is alright, which it is not.

Let me rephrase that line "This thread is an utter waste of time and space on the servers. (PUN INTENDED)" And these threads irritate the mods (I presume).

Apple iPhone 4 was launched in June 2010, been very long since then, even after you consider the few months apple took to launch unlocked devices on the store. Thus its common knowledge.

If not then they will use this thread, there is a reason that thread is a sticky.

If they want and exact conversion rate, people can use www.xe.com or google, else common public multiplies the USD value by 50 to get an approx. And did you do a research which tells you that people buy iPhones through relatives? More often than not they buy it through grey market, on their own, or import, I have been on this forum long enough to notice these kind of things.

I used the word dumb, because (I am repeating this) that what you have posted is common knowledge amongst most people and does not require a thread.

Moral of the story (Again, I repeat) is do not create a thread without searching the forum first, there are stickys for most of these generic topics. Create a thread when you have a specific requirement or when you are what your are writing has not been posted or discussed ever, and this thread is anything but. The fact that the it is wastage of space or not is irrelevant.

#mjurani Again, let me use bullet points (numbered this time) as oppose to straight paragraphs so that I answer your concerns loud and clear.
  1. Points about the iphone? Do you realize this is a deals and discussion thread and I didn't make any '[font=arial, sans-serif]generic points[/font]' about the phone itself rather just state the price? Also this thread[font=arial, sans-serif] does not mention the price.[/font]
  2. [font=arial, sans-serif]So you are the authority to decide what is logical and what is not? Pray, tell me what was so illogical in starting a thread about a product in the deals section? I also believe these prices have not been discussed before on TE.[/font]
  3. [font=arial, sans-serif]Please read the OP. I did mention the original price for unlocked iphone 4 was $650 which has been reduced to $549 now. Also, [/font]this thread does not mention this.
  4. [font=arial, sans-serif]The conversion was done (via XE) so that folks do not have to do it themselves.[/font]
  5. [font=arial, sans-serif]I have seen many threads where people have stated that they ordered this or this via their relatives in the states.[/font]
  6. [font=arial, sans-serif]You keep on implying that this is common knowledge yet I don't see any prices on TE. Only motive for the thread was to make people aware of this.[/font]
  7. [font=arial, sans-serif]You tried ordering the phone so I am sure this is of interest. [/font]

I'd only say that please refrain from proving your point by re-iterating what you already said. I still can't understand why would this information, which I believe is in the right section, cause so much anxiousness among people.

#aproxymate I was refering to activate iphone not unlocking. Currectly my phone show "emergency calls only", so i wanted to activate it to use as ipod atleast until the bb 04.11.08 gevey sim comes out

That's before Tax. Add tax and the 4S price reaches 700$
<

4 - from $540 or INR 26,659.03 (http://store.apple.c...t=UNLOCKED%2FUS)

4S - from $650 or INR 32,090.69 (http://store.apple.c...t=UNLOCKED%2FUS)

FYI , I had ordered apple tv from apple website 2 weeks ago and rcvd it on valentine. they shipped it on SNS address and i used my indian cc to purchase it. Not sure what they do for iPhones though.

Moreover, even the duty wasnt charged.

Back