OC & Modding Unlocking dormant 4th core in AMD Phenom X3

starbearer

Disciple
Sometime ago in a computer related magazine,I read about unlocking the dormant 4th core in some triple core AMD Phenom X3 processors?
I wanted to know if anyone here has done it yet,and anything performance issues that have arisen from it?
Also,would it void the warranty on the processor,if someone did go for such a modification?

Yes it works have done it and put up a thread if your willing to search. There are also a couple of screenshots of mine and others who have done it in the phenom clubhouse, which is in my sig. Cheers.

Well the performance is surely more than 3 cores :p but it won't be stable all time and if you plan to OC>.

I have hard luck getting it . .Will see if I can lay my hands on the x3 720 :p Will be doing some massive OC then :p

The unlock only works with certain batches. Read up on the net to find out more but one of the popular batches is 0904. I am at max 3.5 Ghz prime stable with all 4 cores and max 3.65 stable with 3 cores.There seems to be a way to use ACC to further imrpove stability which I read up this morning. Will experiment with it tonite.

Back