OC & Modding Unlocking Phenom II 720 BE

pikachu

Disciple
Hi guys, I am trying to unlock my AMD PII 720 BE (Batch 0906 EPMW) with Biostar TA785GE mother board. But I face probelms...

I updated the bios with the modded one given here..

http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-and-discussions/biostar-ta785ge-128m-144849.html

I changed ACC option to All cores and value to -2%. When I restarted the syatem, there was no display. So I cleared CMOS and changed the bios to newer version [88GCOA26.BST-dated 26/10/2009] ( downloaded from biostar site). With this bios, I changed the ACC option to All cores and value to -2%. This time, there was display and it showed as 4 cores in the boot up post screen and also in bios. But when windows xp boots up, it shows a blue screen saying "There may be a probl". Then the system hangs up there.

Any suggestion to make it work????

I believe you're having problems because the Phenom II series does not support ACC, in fact using ACC with a phenom ii can dammage your processor, so as for the processor if you really want a quad core I suggest you buy one. But i have a question for you, did you have any problems with the beta bios and did the new bios allow you to increase the cpu multiplier?

Back