Unlocking Vibrant

I got a Samsung Vibrant (T959) from US. It is running stock 2.1. I tried to unlock it, but it was not working. The method I used was hex-file editing of nv_data.bin.

Is there any method that works? I tried moving to CM7 and MIUI 2.1.27. So, my sim was recognized, but I was unable to connect to my desired network(Vodafone).

One last question, if I use a custom ROM(CM7), does it unlock by default. Like jailbreaking had a toggle to unlock in redSnow(iPhone).

Deus Ex Machina said:
I got a Samsung Vibrant (T959) from US. It is running stock 2.1. I tried to unlock it, but it was not working. The method I used was hex-file editing of nv_data.bin.

Is there any method that works? I tried moving to CM7 and MIUI 2.1.27. So, my sim was recognized, but I was unable to connect to my desired network(Vodafone).

One last question, if I use a custom ROM(CM7), does it unlock by default. Like jailbreaking had a toggle to unlock in redSnow(iPhone).
hex-file editing shall work.

did you root before doing this?

most importantly, backup that nv_data.bin file safely so that you will have a way to comeback from corrupt imei if anyway you manage to do that.

post the how exactly you carried out the method and will let you know if anything went wrong.

madnav said:
hex-file editing shall work.

did you root before doing this?

most importantly, backup that nv_data.bin file safely so that you will have a way to comeback from corrupt imei if anyway you manage to do that.

post the how exactly you carried out the method and will let you know if anything went wrong.

Yes, I rooted.

I will try it again today, once I reach home. Will post the steps(if they fail ;) )
mananknl said:
Root it and use the free SGS Unlock app from the market. Worked well for my stock 2.2 vibrant.

Can you please tell me the exact name or a link?

btw, Vibrant hasn't been ported to 2.2, right?

Even I have one Vibrant, was trying to unlock it.. didn't find that one click root application... anyone knows the direct link?

There is some app - one click root - to get root access. For unlocking, I'm gonna use Helroz's Unlock.. it worked on my Captivate without any hitch..

Deus Ex Machina said:
Yes, I rooted.

I will try it again today, once I reach home. Will post the steps(if they fail ;) )
Can you please tell me the exact name or a link?

btw, Vibrant hasn't been ported to 2.2, right?
vibrant did receive 2.2 officially from T-mo

Deus Ex Machina said:
And the name of the unlock app please...
i didnt really use an unlock app i preferred the hex file method since anyways we need to backup that file for later incase things go wrong.

^ Not really. Samsung Vibrant is one of the most robust phones. You'll really have to mess something up in a bad way to brick.

Back