Upcoming 'iPhone OS 3.0' Updates

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Finally, Apple revealed the updates that they are going to include in there upcoming 'iPhone OS 3.0'.. The main and most awaited feature Copy and Paste is also gonna be in the iPhone OS 3.0, so the excitement will be more..

The Impressive part is, this update will cover about more than 100 new features.

iPhone OS 3.0 adding features like -

•Copy and Paste Photos

•Copy and Paste Text

•Landscape keyboard for Notes, Messaging, Mails

•Multimedia messaging - One of the most awaited feature

•Stereo Bluetooth A2DP audio

•New Spotlight - This will allow you to search all the information in your device, it doesn't matter where it is.

•3G Tethering - Now connect iPhone to Laptop, PC and use it as Modem..

•New Calender Types support

•Automatic login in Safari

•Shake to shuffle music - Shake your iPod to change the track :D

•Anti-phishing - Now more secure internet browsing via ipod touch/iphone.

The iPhone OS 3.0 is available free for iPhone 3G users and iPod Touch user will have to pay $9.95...

Sources -

Live from Apple's iPhone OS 3.0 preview event

iPhone 3.0 OS Guide: Everything You Need to Know

Watch the whole iPhone OS 3.0 presentation

Code:
http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/mar/0903lajkszg/m_090374535329zdwg_650_ref.mov

I guess the beta's leaked already :D

However you can only sync via mobileme, not itunes, unless your iphone is registered with the developers group.

and yes it's also jailbreakable, however it does change the baseband firmware, so those using yell0wsnow shouldn't try it yet.

hmm... I think beta version is available for SDK developers already.. you just have to register for SDK developer's program.. But they've already warned to use that version with OWN RISK.. :bleh:

I'm sure, this is gonna finest release from Apple for iphone.. but any news about security patches for avoiding unlocks and jailbreaks excepting the baseband upgradation??

Back