PC Peripherals ***Update: Samsung Awesome Twosome Offer***

Switch

Skilled
Hey Guys

This thread is for peeps who went in for Samsung Monitor + Printer offer formely known as Awasome Twosome Offer. I contacted Samsung yesterday and after contacting three different people i finally managed to get hold of Awasome Twosome Helpline. Yes there is one. I was told that Printer is now in the hands of the despatch deptt. and they will contact me either on my Mobile or through email and i shall have the printer by next monday.

I will suggest you guys too to contact the Samsung office and make query about your Printer status too. But before you call make sure that you have the Monitor serial number ready as they will ask you for that.

Hope this helped.

Take care

Switch
Note: I had the Helpline number yesterday but at that time TE went down and i want able to post this thread. Now the phone number is there in my office and today is an off so will post the Helpline number tomorrow from office.

Switch, do keep us posted.

Well, I had a horrible time with Samsung for this offer.

To avail this offer, you had to register the code on the box pack of ur LCD online.But the code just would not register!!After bashing the local samsung rep and the dealer for 5 days, I finally got to register my LCD online on 18th March, 4 days after I bought the LCD and 3 days after the offer had expired!!(Had bought the LCD on 14th March).Rushed in the required documents by 20th and was told that the printer will arrive in 45 days,2 months have passed but still no printer :(.

Seems people are still waiting for the promised goodies on the "Power of three" offer flaoted by Samsung in October 2005 :O.

I lost a week and troubled many people (incudng Switch) for help :no:.

Hope I get the printer.....

Hey zhopudey ^^ - I'm myself planning to go for a 740n - r u happy with it ??

Does it have any probs like backlight leaking ? And how is it with games ?
Also if i'm not asking too many questions - have u tried anything on non-native resolutions ?? :)

Most importantly - how much did u pay for it ???

dummyuser said:
Does it have any probs like backlight leaking ?

Is this waht you have asked about - this picture of my Samsung 740N was taken in an absolutely dark room - this is the second Samsung I got with this patch on it - the first time I called the Samsung engineer and he screwed up the monitor and I returned it. So I am living with this patch. You cannot see this unless the background is BLACK. It is quite visible even when you view the screen head on :(

@Eazy

why are u living with that monitor ? do something man .. call them / threaten them and if nothing works file a consumer case. i hope that monitor is under the warranty period.

dummyuser said:
^^That does look bad - i just hope it's bearable !!! Does it cause major distractions ?

And hey Eazy , how much did u buy it for ?

No distraction for normal usage..... I do use a theme for night usage which has a black background where this patch shows up clearly but I dont get bothered by the patch if I dont at it.

Like I mentioned my first Samsung 15" LCD too had such a patch and I had called Samsung's engineer over and that guy did someting to the LCD's case so that the snap lock did not work anymore and this left a crack open along the top edge :( I returned the LCD to the supplier and asked him to sort out the problem with Samsung and so far the Samsung engineer has not shown up at their shop. Not my problem any more.

I have given this patch thing a lot of thought and have wondered why I got the same problem with 2 LCDs .... I have moved the LCD away from the UPS and computer case and everything else - still the PATCH is there. I have changed my SMPS and MoBo and display card and still the patch is there.

I bought the 740N early March for 13.7K. Now I am quoted 13.2k for this LCD.

I showed the picture because you asked :) I have stopped being bothered by it.

@mohit - no man I never threaten people as I find I get myself into all sorts of complications as a consequence. I am too mild mannered to sucessfully threaten or argue with people. :(

vij said:
Thot of getting the 740N first week next month....
Now Iam scared to get this.:S

I have checked and other people dont have this problem with the 740N - could be an EMI problem of sorts at the place in my room where my computer is placed :( Nothing I can do about that now.

Maybe just a vastushastra thingy :D

@eazy

but u can atleast file a complaint with the consumer court or something ...afterall its your hard earned money ... just my 2 cents. these companies do take consumers for granted and really deserve to be taught some lessons. anyways you are way too elder to me and so i dont really want to advice you as i respect u... :) ..and i am sure you know more than me.

EDIT : whats EMI now ?

Was it there from the time you bought it...Didnt you check before you bought it...
why cant you claim new one for a detective pieice...:mad:
Did they tell you that its the trademark of Samsung Monitors...:S

mohit said:
you are way too elder to me and so i dont really want to advice you ..and i am sure you know more than me.

EDIT : whats EMI now ?

EMI = Electro Magnetic Interference

Age is not always everything - knowledge is what counts more - thats why I consider most of you great guys my guru :D .....even tho I have handled computers since 1983 !!

@vij YUP it was there from the start :( It was delivered to the home by my supplier.... The supplier saw the problem and he just shrugged his shoulders....and I did not make an issue of it .... I dont think it is a trade mark of Samsung monitors - they would not have survived if this was their LCD quality. The patch does NOT bother me - I showed the picture only because this was asked in this thread.

On a normal Windows screen the patch does not show at all.

Eazy said:
EMI = Electro Magnetic Interference

Age is not always everything - experience is what counts more - thats why I consider most of you great guys my guru :D .....even tho I have handled computers since 1983 !!
I have read that 22 times and still trying to make sense :S

vij said:
I have read that 22 times and still trying to make sense :S

My BAD I should have said "knowledge is what counts more" :)

I have handled computers since 1983 and have done it by experience but I do NOT have any thereotical knowledge of computers - I do not know a capacitor from a resistor. I see many young people here with so much knowledge and it is great to learn from you folks.

Eazy said:
My BAD I should have said "knowledge is what counts more" :)

I have handled computers since 1983 and have done it by experience but I do NOT have any thereotical knowledge of computers - I do not know a capacitor from a resistor. I see many young people here with so much knowledge and it is great to learn from you folks.

eeek..... vice-versa actually.....

Back