Android Updating Unlocked HTC One X+

A friend of mine is coming back from the UK and I have the option of getting an unlocked HTC One X+ at an attractive rate. However I would like to know if the phone can be updated here safely. Will I get the OTA update that is meant for India (the 4.2.2 update is being rolled out here) or would it get the UK one?
Has anyone with an unlocked HTC One updated to the latest version of Android and could you please guide me to the procedure to do so safely. I went through the xda forums but never found anything concrete except flashing a custom rom which I wouldnt prefer since I am a rom noob and prefer using the phone as it is officially :p

If it is carrier branded, then u will get the update only when the carrier rolls it out I suppose..

Or otherwise if it's factory unlocked piece, then ull get it with UK update..

OTA's are usually region specific so i don't think you can get the indian ota here, you can't get uk one either since it's an carrier unlocked phone but i am not sure on that.

However if you are on stock recovery then you can take the ota safely in case you receive it. Problem starts when people take ota on custom recovery.

Back