PC Peripherals Upgrade Blues..help!!!!

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Hmmm.....lotsa ups and downs :( decided NO to 939......

heh..this opens a whole new box of opportunities for me :D

so, i''m planning these stuff...please help me out in getting the best

1. Mouse - Either the Razer Diamondback 1600 or the Logi MX518....

Razer Diamondback 1600
- 45$

Logi MX 518 - 41$

2. RAM - Finally!!!! 1GB!!!!! plannin for 1GB...max budget is 140$, and this RAM fits in nice :D

GeIL Ultra 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit - 140$

3. DVD Writer
- Hmmm...Pioneer anyone??? hows the DVR-109??

Pioneer DVR-109 Black
- 50$

4. 120mm Fans - want the cheapest, and still....good fans..want 2-3 of these.

Cooler Master UV Red 120mm Case Fan 43CFM - 4.63$ each

remember...i have a total and final budget of 260$...and this combo fits in perfectly....however, can go upto 10$ more if needed.....

sun9hs.jpg

SunMysore posted 8.55 minutes later:

ohyeah...add AS Ceramique 22g tube too :D

The pioneer 109D is a gr8 drive, but chk out the Benq 1640 too but you won't get dvd-r DL support with it if that's such a big deal. The Pioneer 109 also cannot set book type on dvd+r/rw media if thats important to you. The write quality is obviously amongst the best for the Benq 1640.

hmm benq is better as you get local warranty.. which you might not get with the pioneer.. lest anything goes worng with the drive..
one of my friend`s has a pioneer 109D.. great drive has`nt given him any probs.. the drive was able to write dvd`s which the lg drive failed to recognize... which was great!!

blade_runner said:
The Pioneer 109 also cannot set book type on dvd+r/rw media if thats important to you. The write quality is obviously amongst the best for the Benq 1640.

whats that?? :S i just do plain DVD data writing...nothing else.....

SunMysore posted 1.15 minutes later:

any inputs on the mouse????

SunMysore said:
whats that?? :S i just do plain DVD data writing...nothing else.....

SunMysore posted 1.15 minutes later:

any inputs on the mouse????
Usually old stand alone players cant read dvd+r/rw for which u can change the book type to other formats to ensure compatibility. But looks like you wont be needing it. On the mouse i seriously cant comment, both are very good mice and both have the ability to adjust resolution on the fly i think.

BenQ 1640 n LG 4163B are amongst the best as of now :p.. Do take a look at the Plextors..

about the mouse, both have the same sensor.. the deciding factor shud be the size.. u've seen the MX518 in action.. check out how big (or small, comparitively) the Razer is..

Oh ! Missed the thread completely. Like everyone concluded Benq 1640 it is ;) ! And yeah masky is right both the mice use the same sensor, i think eddy or some1 had posted a similar thread on it...............

Regarding the mouse I would prefer the Logitech MX 310, its lighter and fits perfectly and is cheaper and unless you are gaming at 1600*1200 the higher sensitivity is not gonna make a diff...

TheMask said:
linky please.. :D
:tongue: Oh alrighty then, i made a bo bo ! It was you who posted the article :p

@aces: the price diff b/w the two is arnd 500-700, so why not ;) Besides mx310 is hard to find these days

cmon...stop spamming :p

BTW where can i get the 1640?? it isnt listed in Newegg.....

Decided 95% for the Razer Diamondback...heh...2 MX518 in one city isnt good :p

Back