Budget 20-25K upgrade for my Atrix 2

X-jo

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: 25k max
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: the best in my budget,
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any , has to be sturdy
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android/Windows 8
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 2g, 3g, wifi
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: mails, little gaming, app development
10. Any other requirements?
A: Very good battery life. Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc, 2gig RAM[if android phone], atleast 8gig internal storage
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: have these in mind ..Nexus 4 / Sony XSP[not liking the just 1gig RAM in xsp]

There shouldn't be an issue of a locked bootloader, I would be open to adding custom ROMs, shouldnt be like Moto :p[moving away from it as it shunned India and I got dead pixels on my phone now and need a new one, a better one]... it should be very sturdy, i dont mind if it looks like a rock as i am not interested in the looks.. water proof the more better.. should have a very good battery life.. Battery life, good cpu and sturdiness is first priority. This would be an upgrade from my Atrix 2 .

Am open to trying out Windows 8 phones as i have an android LG OP1 with me incase I need to do some android stuff.

thanks in advance

If you want sturdy and good battery life then a Sony Xperia SP could be considered. Its waterproof and dustproof and has a substantial battery. However the battery is not user replaceable.

Nexus 4 isn't very sturdy but you can add a protective cover to it to add some decent protection.

If looking for WP8 you can look at the Lumia 820. Honestly the Lumia 820 isn't an upgrade to your Atrix. The screen is average at best even though you are paying a premium price. Only real positives are the good quality camera and the pretty good battery life.

If you want sturdy and good battery life then a Sony Xperia SP could be considered. Its waterproof and dustproof and has a substantial battery. However the battery is not user replaceable.

Nexus 4 isn't very sturdy but you can add a protective cover to it to add some decent protection.

If looking for WP8 you can look at the Lumia 820. Honestly the Lumia 820 isn't an upgrade to your Atrix. The screen is average at best even though you are paying a premium price. Only real positives are the good quality camera and the pretty good battery life.

isn't the non replaceable battery the same for nexus 4 also ? so if am stuck in a bootloop or say unlock doesnt work(which used to happen in my A2, i just had to remove the battery and switch it on), how will i restart the phone?

camera is not a priority for me, a better battery life over A2 is. I used to get a full day battery with A2.. anything the same or more is what i require, so I guess no WP8 for me then..

thanks dude for the reply

Edit: I just remembered, no micro SD card slot for the nexus4.. I had plans to get a 16gig SD card apart from the internal memory of the next phone to buy.. I wont be watching movies or so, just maybe gaming.. but if n4 is really that good then i can live with its 16gigs

Well pressing the power + volume button for 10 seconds will reboot the phone even if its frozen.

The SP has one of the best battery life for a high end Android device so it shouldn't disappoint.

Yeah forgot no SD card slot for Nexus. Honestly unless you have a really large music collection 16 GB should suffice. The SP has no issues and has a hot swappable memory card slot.

I haven't used either phone except in a store or a friends device so I can't tell you from a usability point of view whether the Nexus is really worth it over the SP.

Feature wise they are similar but the Nexus has more RAW processing power. However the SP wins hands down on build quality and even battery life is better. The SP screen while sharp doesn't have really good viewing angles though.

Well pressing the power + volume button for 10 seconds will reboot the phone even if its frozen.

The SP has one of the best battery life for a high end Android device so it shouldn't disappoint.

Yeah forgot no SD card slot for Nexus. Honestly unless you have a really large music collection 16 GB should suffice. The SP has no issues and has a hot swappable memory card slot.

I haven't used either phone except in a store or a friends device so I can't tell you from a usability point of view whether the Nexus is really worth it over the SP.

Feature wise they are similar but the Nexus has more RAW processing power. However the SP wins hands down on build quality and even battery life is better. The SP screen while sharp doesn't have really good viewing angles though.

I like the N4 but for the sturdiness I am more inclined to get the SP... I just saw the ZRbut 4k more :(. If and somehow if i add 4k to my budget then will the ZR be the right choice for my requirements?

Also a N4 from US costs 5-6k less than the Indian version, is there any way I will get a warranty on the US n4 if used in India?

Get a nexus and you don't have to worry about the locked bootloader anymore. Don't know how complicated is to unlock a sony bootloader ? someone who have used a sony can tell you better maybe.

And please don't *down*grade to WP8

Get a nexus and you don't have to worry about the locked bootloader anymore. Don't know how complicated is to unlock a sony bootloader ? someone who have used a sony can tell you better maybe.

And please don't *down*grade to WP8

I fear the back glass.. read so many reviews abt it cracking or breaking if not careful.. and I have this habbit of being clumsy with my phone. It may fall from bed or pocket.. hence inclined to the sturdiness of the XSP more than using a cover for the nexus4.

WP8 i mentioned not because I wanted to compare android n WP8, but ok to go with it only if its better and smooth.. am open to a new OS experience.. but since its fairly new i guess i won't take the jump now..

thanks dude[DOUBLEPOST=1373207640][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its not too difficult to unlock the bootloader for Sony phones. I'm not sure about the Xperia ZR but XS, XP, and the 2011 lineup's bootloader can be unlocked pretty easily.

that is good news then :D

Back