Audio Upgrade from SoundMAGIC ES18

Mate there is an offer going on at MP4nation , you can get a brainwavz R1 at 1800 with 2 days fedex shipping , see if you can avail that offer. Totally VFM earphones

within 1.5k, I dont thinj there are many IEMs which can claim to be a worthwhile upgrade over the ES18. Methinks you will have to push your budget towards 2k

I found the R1, Brainwavz M1 and CX-180 to be much better than ES18 however i had listened to ES18 only for a short duration

Thanks for you opinions.initially i was thinking of buying a SM E10,but ive seen people saying their SQ is almost that of es18.

Do keep in mind that iems purchased from mp4nation may attract customs n handling (happens 8/10 times)...despite the free 2 day fedex...!

- - - Updated - - -

Save/steal/earn money...n buy M1 for 2300... Bang for buck... Superb sq for d price.

@Arun Harindran
It depends on the product also . These products are valued at 20$ + actual cost is also 1800 so max custom charges that may come is of roughly around 400-500 bucks .

I got myself one and i was not charged any customs though it may not be the case always . I would not recommend M1 at budget of 1500 also from my person experience , i had a m1 , m3 , nuforce ne7m , cx-180 initially . I was bowled over by m3 and NE7M , was impressed by CX-180 but i felt m1 was high in details but nowhere near a fun sounding IEM.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Arun Harindran
It depends on the product also . These products are valued at 20$ + actual cost is also 1800 so max custom charges that may come is of roughly around 400-500 bucks .

I got myself one and i was not charged any customs though it may not be the case always . I would not recommend M1 at budget of 1500 also from my person experience , i had a m1 , m3 , nuforce ne7m , cx-180 initially . I was bowled over by m3 and NE7M , was impressed by CX-180 but i felt m1 was high in details but nowhere near a fun sounding IEM.

Well, i (like many other fellow TE members) was charged with customs on iems purchased from mp4nation. Apparently many people in Delhi,Mumbai have been, thats why i said 8/10 times brother. iems worth 30$ may attract customs and handling upto 730 bucks despite being marked at 20$.

I recently bought Brainwavz M5 n was charged INR 728 on top of the iems retail price.

I found M1 to be mid forward with a wide soundstage. M5 is more balanced and packs a very controlled punch.

But it depends on HIM, what kind of sound signature he's looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm ok , how much was actual cost of your Item .

M1 was certainly mid forward but i found it to lack in soundstage . To each his own these are just my 2 cents.

Back