Graphic Cards Upgrade help

sck_2000in

Disciple
I am going to upgrade my pc after a very long time , had planned to buy a GTX 295 ,

had a few questions in my mind ,

how much is the retail price of this card ,

what brands are available in chennai other than palit (hearing a lot of bad comments abt the card on the forum)

Any good dealers in chennai

Then post it in PC peripherals along with ur budget so few members can help u decide on the best :)
The retail price is too high for this card.. Around 30K... As GPU architectures change every few months it will be better if u get a HD4870 for 13K now and then sell it after a year and add this remaining amount and get the latest one then... 8800GT was 30K when released now its a mid-range b/w 7-8.... So think this will help u be better rather than spending twice the money for a 20-30% performance gain which i think will be hardly noticeable....

Then post it in PC peripherals along with ur budget so few members can help u decide on the best

The retail price is too high for this card.. Around 30K... As GPU architectures change every few months it will be better if u get a HD4870 for 13K now and then sell it after a year and add this remaining amount and get the latest one then... 8800GT was 30K when released now its a mid-range b/w 7-8.... So think this will help u be better rather than spending twice the money for a 20-30% performance gain which i think will be hardly noticeable....

The 8800GT was never 30k, it started at around 16k and has now come down to 7-8k. But even then, your suggestions is pretty sensible for a overall good gaming rig over the years rather than having a superpowerful rig for only a year or two.

PhOeNiX said:
The 8800GT was never 30k, it started at around 16k and has now come down to 7-8k. But even then, your suggestions is pretty sensible for a overall good gaming rig over the years rather than having a superpowerful rig for only a year or two.
Sorry if iwas wrong... I was using only magazines to gain knowledge then and the price was quoted in one of those...:(

well there used to be time when dealers used to quote insane prices...

30k sounds possible for particular XFX Alpha Dogs

Back